This vegan quesadilla recipe is the perfect twist on the classic version. An easy, quick and satisfying meal made with fajita veggies and black beans.
This dairy free quesadilla is so cheesy and flavorful, you'll make it part of your regular rotation! Serve it topped with any toppings you love for the most delicious dinner ever!
This post was originally published on March 3, 2022.
We love to serve these vegan quesadillas with fresh Mexican salsa and my perfect easy guacamole for a well rounded meal everyone loves!
This vegan quesadilla recipe is made with all plant based ingredients. Prep the fillings in advance so you can have a meal that comes together in minutes! You can even set up a 'fill your own quesadilla bar' so everyone can customize their own before cooking.
My homemade black beans are great to make in big batches so you can use them for easy dinners all week long, and are perfect for these veggie quesadillas!
- Shredded dairy free cheese
- Fajita Veggies
- Black beans
How to Make a Vegan Quesadilla
- Fill the tortilla with the cheese, beans, and veggies.
- Cook in a pan until crispy and melty.
- Slice the quesadilla and serve!
More Filling Ideas
Load up your vegan quesadillas with all kinds of other yummy flavors:
- Pinto beans
- Pickled onions
- Vegan queso fresco
- Vegan carnitas
- Lentil walnut taco meat
- Jackfruit taco meat
- If you only need a dairy free quesadilla, feel free to add in your protein of choice.
What to Serve with Quesadillas
Pair this vegan quesadilla with all sorts of yummy dips like any of the following:
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Simple Healthy Guacamole
- Loaded Guacamole
- Fresh Mexican Salsa
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Pineapple Salsa
Make a full spread by serving this quesadilla with any of these recipes:
- Simple Mexican Rice
- Easy Vegan Refried Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Coleslaw with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Pozole Verde
- Tortilla Soup
- Healthy Taco Salad
- Breakfast Tacos
- Birria Tacos
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos
- Ultimate Vegan Burrito
- Vegan Bean Burrito
- Chipotle Inspired Burrito Bowl
- Select a gluten-free tortilla to make this a gluten-free quesadilla.
- For an extra crispy outside brush the outside of the tortillas with butter or oil.
- Prep this veggie quesadilla ahead of time by cooking the fajita veggies and black beans so they're ready to assemble.
- Use your favorite melty dairy free cheese, or try using a few spoonfuls of vegan nacho cheese sauce for a gooey quesadilla.
Anything you want! Add in peppers, onions, beans, rice, corn, salsa, etc. See the post for more ideas!
Yes you can, simply use your favorite plant based cheese, and coat the outside with a butter alternative or oil for a crispy finish.
Vegan quesadillas are made with dairy free cheese. You can also stuff them with beans and fajita veggies for added flavor.
Vegan Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Fajita Veggies (Chipotle Copycat)
- Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice (Copycat Recipe)
- Chipotle Inspired Veggie Burrito Bowl (Vegan)
- Easy Vegan Chorizo Recipe (Gluten Free)
Cheesy Vegan Quesadilla with Fajita Veggies
- 6 tortillas , gluten-free if needed
- 3 cups shredded dairy free cheese of choice
- ½ recipe Fajita Veggies
- 1 ½ cups black beans , about one can
- 1 jalapeno , optional
- Butter or oil to brush on tortillas , optional
- Brush the outside of the tortillas with butter or oil, optional for extra crunch.
- Place the tortillas with the outsides down, then layer ½ cup of the cheese on half of each tortilla.
- Separate the veggies, beans and jalapeno (if using) among the 6 tortillas by placing them on the cheese.
- Fold the tortillas over to cover the filling.
- Grill on a hot pan for 3-5 minutes, then flip and grill another 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- You can sub any vegetables and beans you prefer.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.
Nutrition and metric information should be considered an estimate.
We loved the fajita veggies in this! Too perfect!