This vegan quesadilla recipe is so cheesy and flavorful, you'll make it part of your regular rotation! Filled with fajita veggies and black beans, and served with the perfect toppings for the most delicious dinner ever!
I also like to cook a big batch of my homemade black beans so I can use them for easy dinners all week long. They are perfect for these veggie quesadillas! If you loved my vegan grilled cheese, you will devour this too!
How to Make a Vegan Quesadilla
Prep the fillings in advance so you can have a meal that comes together in minutes! You can even set up a 'fill your own quesadilla bar' so everyone can customize their own before cooking.
Step by Step Instructions
- Fill the tortilla with the cheese, beans, and veggies.
- Cook in a pan until crispy and melty.
- Slice and serve!
What to Serve with Quesadillas
Pair this plant based quesadilla with all sorts of yummy dips like any of the following:
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Simple Healthy Guacamole
- Loaded Guacamole
- Fresh Mexican Salsa
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Pineapple Salsa
Make a full spread by serving this quesadilla with any of these plant based side dishes:
- Simple Mexican Rice
- Easy Vegan Refried Beans
- Pinto Beans
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Coleslaw with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Pozole Verde
- Tortilla Soup
- Select a gluten-free tortilla to make this recipe gluten-free.
- For an extra crispy outside brush the outside of the tortillas with butter or oil.
- Substitute any vegetables and beans for other options like spinach, mushrooms, pinto beans, etc.
- You can also add in carnitas, lentil walnut taco meat, or jackfruit taco meat to the inside.
- Prep this ahead of time by cooking the veggies and beans so they're ready to assemble.
- Use your favorite melty dairy free cheese, or try using a few spoonfuls of vegan nacho cheese sauce for a gooey quesadilla.
Anything you want! Add in peppers, onions, beans, rice, corn, salsa, etc. See the post for more ideas!
Yes you can, simply use your favorite plant based cheese, and coat the outside with a butter alternative or oil for a crispy finish.
Vegan quesadillas are made with dairy free cheese. You can also stuff them with beans and fajita veggies for added flavor.
More Vegan Mexican Recipes
We love Mexican food, so each of these plant based recipes are inspired by our favorite flavors:
- Healthy Taco Salad
- Breakfast Tacos
- Birria Tacos
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos
- Ultimate Vegan Burrito
- Vegan Bean Burrito
- Chipotle Inspired Burrito Bowl
Amazing Cheesy Vegan Quesadilla Recipe
- Brush the outside of the tortillas with butter or oil, optional for extra crunch.
- Place the tortillas with the outsides down, then layer ½ cup of the cheese on half of each tortilla.
- Separate the veggies, beans and jalapeno (if using) among the 6 tortillas by placing them on the cheese.
- Fold the tortillas over to cover the filling.
- Grill on a hot pan for 3-5 minutes, then flip and grill another 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- You can sub any vegetables and beans you prefer.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.