This simple to make carrot cake smoothie is creamy, delicious and made with healthy ingredients. Done in only 5 minutes, it's the best sweet treat!
The taste is pure decadence, you won't believe it has no dairy! It uses 9 simple ingredients, including salt and spices.
This post was originally published on April 7, 2022.
This carrot smoothie the perfect solution is you're craving a vegan carrot cake but want it fast! I love using it as breakfast or a nutritious snack.
This carrot cake smoothie has a hearty whole food base (much like my carrot cake overnight oats). You can add some extra ingredients to top at the end if you choose, which is optional but definitely ups the yum factor!
This is perfect for breakfast, you can even add protein powder if you want some extra protein, or for an after school snack. It's hearty, has veggies and will fill you up!
Here is what you need for this carrot smoothie recipe:
How to Make a Carrot Cake Smoothie
This smoothie is so easy to throw together! All you need to do is:
- Load the blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into glasses.
Toppings for Carrot Smoothies
Add a little something extra to the top to make it extra special, this is supposed to taste like carrot cake after all!
Mix In Ideas
You can also add in other ingredients to this carrot cake smoothie for extra flavor and nutrition. Here are some ideas:
- Greens like spinach, kale, chard, etc.
- Protein powder for a carrot cake protein shake
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Full fat coconut milk makes the creamiest smoothie, however you can use any dairy free milk you like. Just remember the richer and creamier the milk the better.
- If you want similar results with a less creamy milk, you can blend in extra cashews.
- Add more or less maple syrup to get the sweetness level you like.
- You can use whole or baby carrots in smoothies, just make sure to chop them up first.
- Prepare this carrot smoothie ahead of time by pre portioning the ingredients. Keep the dry ingredients in one airtight container, and the refrigerated items in another. Then dump it all in, add ice, and blend!
Yes they can, especially if you have a high speed blender. It is best to chop them up before blending.
In addition to being incredibly delicious, carrot smoothies have plenty of nutrients packed in. This particular recipe as written offers 12 grams of protein, 9 grams of fiber, as well as potassium, vitamin A, and vitamin C.
It depends what you want! If you want a smooth juice without texture, juicing is the way to go. However, smoothies allow you to pack in plenty of filling ingredients in a thick and delicious drink without sacrificing any fiber.
They sure are! Any carrot you can get your hands on will work in this carrot cake smoothie recipe.
Healthy Carrot Cake Smoothie (Vegan)
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk , or other dairy free milk (see note)
- ¼ - ½ cup maple syrup , add more for extra sweetness if preferred
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup cashews , see note
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups ice , about 26 cubes
- Shredded carrots
- Coconut flakes
- Chopped nuts
- Put everything but the ice into a blender. Blend until creamy.
- Add the ice and blend until smooth.
- Serve with toppings of choice!
- The creamier the milk, the richer flavor this will have. If you want a rich flavor with a less creamy milk, you can add an extra ¼ cup of cashews.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.