Hot ultra creamy buffalo cauliflower dip that is going to blow your mind! No dairy used and no animals harmed, but still full of protein and super healthy!
I’m just going to go ahead and jump in here with THIS DIP IS CRACK. Sorry, I’m yelling. But it is yell worthy. I may be a bit buffalo sauce obsessed, and a bit creamy sauce obsessed, so this buffalo cauliflower dip is kinda my idea of heaven. I challenge you to make it for your next party and see if anyone has any idea there is no dairy. This dip will stand up next to all it’s cream cheese based counterparts!
Cauliflower has no flavor
Part of the goodness in this buffalo cauliflower dip comes from the twice baked cauliflower. Baking the cauliflower before you bake it in the dip, not only helps remove some of the moisture so that the dip isn’t watery, but it also gives an amazing flavor to the cauliflower itself.
Let’s be real, on its own this veggie isn’t exactly what one would call…tasty. It relies on how you prepare it and when you bake it in straight up buffalo sauce, it is insanely delicious. Then add in more buffalo flavor infused in creamy goodness and the end result is a dip that makes you lose all self control.
There is a chance I had my face inside the bowl licking every last crevice. It wasn’t my proudest moment, especially when the one year old asked what I was doing.
How to get your cream level in vegan buffalo cauliflower dip to reach ultimate depths
The creamy base that makes this appetizer (or snack/dinner/breakfast/anything really) go from amazing to holy moly mind blowing incredible, is achieved from a combination of ingredients. Each one contributes equally and all are necessary to reach ultimate buffalo dip heaven.
- Potato- gives us this gooey creamy base that all dips need for ultimate texture.
- Cashews- the star of most vegan cream sauces for a reason. These amazing nuts give a dairy tasting base like no other.
- White beans- these protein packed powerhouses help contribute to the creamy nature of this dip with also cutting a lot of the fat that extra nuts would give.
- Silk cashew milk- my go to non dairy milk of choice for the amazing creamy texture and flavor it contributes to everything it is in.
There is no compromise when it comes to food
The best part about this buffalo cauliflower dip is that it can stand up to any dairy based equivalent. My love for creating non dairy alternatives for popular dairy based dishes is strong! Showing that they can taste just as good, and even better, is always my goal. Which is why I love Silk brand products so much and why I continue to be a Silk brand ambassador.
Their goal of helping people choose their products wisely, but yet choose what’s delicious, is exactly what I do. You don’t need to compromise on flavor and this dip shows you just that! It sure #TastesLikeBetter to me! If you want to get more info about this great brand, make sure to sign up for their newsletter.
- 1 head cauliflower , medium sized
- ½ cup buffalo cayenne pepper hot sauce (I like Franks)
- 1 cup cooked potato , about 1 medium potato
- 1 cup raw cashews (see note)
- ½ cup cooked white beans , drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cashew milk (I use Silk brand, almond would work too)
- ¼ cup veggie broth
- ¼ cup buffalo cayenne pepper hot sauce (I like Franks)
- ¼ of a medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 450.
Chop cauliflower and mix with ½ cup hot sauce until fully coated.
Spread out on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes until slightly crisp. After baking it should be about 3 cups cauliflower (easier to measure after baking as it is softer and fits into a measuring cup easier).
- Lower oven temp to 350.
Make sauce: Cook potato and onion by boiling until soft.
Place all sauce ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and pour into a large bowl. You can also pulse baked cauliflower here if you prefer smaller pieces.
Put baked cauliflower into the bowl and mix well to incorporate the sauce.
Pour into a square baking dish (I used an 8 x 8 inch).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Check at 15 minutes and see if it has formed a nice firm layer on the top. Everything is cooked already so no need to worry about the cauliflower cooking, but you want it nice and heated all the way through. Keep in mind it will cook a little more as it is cooling.
- Enjoy nice and warm with your favorite tortilla chips, celery or crackers!
I prefer to use a veggie broth without tomato in the base.
If you are not using a high speed blender you can either soak the cashews overnight or grind them into a fine powder using a coffee grinder.
Tips to prep ahead: Make sauce. Soak cashews if not using a high speed blender.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.