I like barbecue. I like sauces with tahini. So why not combine the two?? I don’t know!!! One day it just hit me. So I did it…and it was amazing! Simple whole food ingredients are combined to make this incredibly versatile sauce.
It’s mostly tahini based, with a homemade barbecue twist, versus a barbecue sauce with a touch of tahini. It’s a dip, a sauce, a dressing, a drizzle…you name it! I used this in so many different ways since it’s creation. Including just diving in face first and licking the jar I kept it in. Not even kidding. Every single way I had it was amazing! I’m sure there are many more ways waiting to be discovered too! In fact be on the lookout for my next post on one delicious recipe using this incredible sauce!
You guys need to try this recipe! If you do please let me know, I love hearing your comments! You can leave a comment here, find me on Facebook or tag me on Instagram at veggiesdontbite #veggiesdontbite so I don’t miss it! I know you’ll find some inventive ways to enjoy this!
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder optional
- about 1/2 cup water can use more or less depending on consistency wanted