A power bowl for the gods. Loads of veggies and protein smothered in a ridiculously amazing sauce. One bowl, one fully healthy meal. Easy and delicious!
I read an article recently that said food blog readers don’t really care what the blogger has to say in their post, they skip directly to the recipe. Well, point taken, so I’m going to make this post short and sweet:
YOU NEED TO MAKE THE BBQ TAHINI SAUCE AND SLATHER IT OVER THIS POWER BOWL…does that work for you all??
But really, I get it. You like our food. And I like creating it for you! So it’s a win win situation. Since it’s past midnight, and I’m still up diligently editing pictures next to my beautiful sleeping baby so that I can get this recipe up for all you amazing readers, I actually will cut this one short.
But mainly because there isn’t much to say about this super easy to make and even easier to eat power bowl. Well, and I also really want to go snuggle my baby. LOL!
The Barbecue Tahini Sauce is Everything!
So get yourself to the store and stock up on ingredients! Try this power bowl and use the rest of that amazing sauce on anything and everything in your fridge.
More Salads You Might Like;
It’s quickly becoming one of my most popular creations to date! If you do make this, please please let me know! I love hearing your comments. You can leave a comment here, find me on Facebook or tag me on Instagram at veggiesdontbite #veggiesdontbite so I don’t miss it! And grab a bib, you may need it for this one…
- 2 cups beans I used a sprouted bean mix
- 2 cups brown rice
- 4 cups veggie broth (to boil rice) can sub water
- 1 bunch kale swiss chard or spinach (or a mix)
- 2 spring onions
- 24 ounces purple potatoes or any potato you prefer
- 1 avocado
- lemon pepper to taste
- veggie broth or your favorite oil if you use oil to roast veggies
- BBQ Tahini Sauce
- Wash and coarsely chop kale/chard/spinach. Wash and chop spring onion. Saute all in a large pan with a little veggie broth (or oil if you are using it), salt and lemon pepper until greens are just wilted. Remove from heat when they begin to turn bright green.
- Cook rice with veggie broth or water according to package directions. Cook beans according to package directions if they are not cooked.
- Make sauce according to recipe.
- Arrange meal by putting it all into a bowl, in a side by side fashion. Place about 1/4 cup BBQ Tahini Sauce into center, you may use more or less sauce for your preference.
- Any beans you enjoy work here, I like a variety of beans so I used a mix. You can use cooked or raw beans, if raw just cook them before.
- You can sub quinoa or even farro for the brown rice. We tried it all and it all worked great.
- You will have left over sauce, but it is so versatile it can be used for so much.
- Tips to prep ahead: Wash and chop all the veggies beforehand. Make the sauce. All you have to do the day of is cook rice and veggies.