Make restaurant-worthy Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice at home with our easy Copycat Recipe. Four simple ingredients for big flavor!
This homemade cilantro lime rice recipe is so easy to make and the perfect side to build bowls, burritos, tacos and more. Save money and time!
This post was originally published on August 21, 2021.
We are huge rice lovers and make it weekly as part of our component meals (different meal parts put together to make different meals!). This Chipotle cilantro lime rice version mixes it up with flavor and is so good!
The light and fresh flavors are the perfect match for so many foods. Use this recipe for cilantro lime rice from Chipotle as a base for taco bowls, as a filling for burritos, or as a side for fajitas!
Here is what you need:
- Fresh lime juice
- Sea salt
How to Make Chipotle Rice
Making this cilantro lime rice recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Here's what to do:
- Cook your rice.
- Mix in cilantro, lime and salt.
What to Serve With Cilantro Lime Rice
As mentioned above, this rice can be served as a side dish, or as part of another recipe. Try it with any of these:
- Add in extra flavor and nutrition by mixing in onions, peppers, or garlic.
- Make it spicy! Sprinkle in some cayenne, chipotle, or chili powder.
- Pick your favorite rice. Make this recipe for chipotle cilantro lime rice with brown rice, basmati, or white rice.
- Use previously cooked, even frozen rice to save time!
- Add the cilantro, lime, and salt to taste. You can always add more, but you can't take away.
Storage and Reheating Tips
- Store leftovers (or make it ahead for meal prep!) in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can also seal in a freezer safe airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Reheat by adding a splash of water to the rice and microwave for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
Mix lime juice, fresh cilantro, and salt into cooked rice. Learn more details about how to make rice from Chipotle in the post above.
It depends on the burrito! Sometimes it's as simple as white rice. Many taco shops use Mexican rice, and Chipotle uses cilantro lime rice.
Vegan Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Fajita Veggies (Chipotle Copycat)
- Chipotle Inspired Veggie Burrito Bowl (Vegan)
- Cheesy Vegan Quesadilla with Fajita Veggies
- Easy Vegan Chorizo Recipe (Gluten Free)
Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice (Copycat Recipe)
- 2 cups cooked brown , basmati or white rice, use frozen rice for fast and easy
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 - 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ - ¾ teaspoon sea salt , see note
- Cook your rice using package instructions, or use frozen rice for an easy option.
- Combine all ingredients together. Taste and add more cilantro, lime and salt if preferred.
- Serve alone or as part of a meal!
- Add more or less cilantro, lime and salt to meet your preference.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.
Nutrition and metric information should be considered an estimate.
This rice is so good! I love the fresh flavor, perfect as a side but next time I'm using it to build a burrito bowl!