This homemade cilantro lime rice recipe is so easy to make and the perfect copycat Chipotle recipe. Simple ingredients lead to big flavor!
We are huge rice lovers and make it weekly as part of our component meals (different meal parts put together to make different meals!). This Mexican rice version mixes it up with flavor and is so good!
The light and fresh flavors of cilantro lime rice are the perfect match for so many foods. Use this Chipotle rice recipe as a base for taco bowls, as a filling for burritos, or as a side for fajitas!
It really is amazing how such simple ingredients create such amazing fresh flavor! Here’s what you need:
- Fresh lime juice
- Sea salt
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice
Making this cilantro lime rice recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Here’s what to do:
- Cook your rice.
- Mix in cilantro, lime and salt.
This rice can be enjoyed all by itself, but it also pairs beautifully with the following plant based recipes:
- Taco Bowl
- Chipotle Burrito Bowl
- Rice and Black Bean Burritos
- Ultimate Vegan Burrito
- Jackfruit Tacos
- Black Beans
- Pinto Beans
Tips and tricks
These helpful hints should come in handy when you’re making this Mexican rice recipe:
- Add in extra nutrition by mixing in onions, peppers, or garlic.
- Make it spicy! Sprinkle in some cayenne, chipotle, or chili powder.
- Pick your favorite rice. Brown rice is a great healthy option, or try basmati or white rice.
- Use previously cooked, even frozen rice to save time!
- Add the cilantro, lime, and salt to taste. You can always add more, but you can’t take away.
- Store leftovers (or make it ahead for meal prep!) in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can also seal in a freezer safe airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Reheat by adding a splash of water to the rice and microwave for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
Mix lime juice, fresh cilantro, and salt into cooked rice.
It depends on the burrito! Sometimes it’s as simple as white rice. Many taco shops use Mexican rice, and Chipotle uses cilantro lime rice.
More Vegan Mexican Side Dish Recipes
If tacos are on regular rotation at your house as well, you need sides to go with them! Try pairing these plant based sides with your favorite Mexican inspired meals:
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Refried Beans
- Mexican Rice
- Coleslaw with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Tortilla Chips
Cilantro Lime Rice Chipotle Copycat Recipe
- Cook your rice using package instructions, or use frozen rice for an easy option.
- Combine all ingredients together. Taste and add more cilantro, lime and salt if preferred.
- Serve alone or as part of a meal!
- Add more or less cilantro, lime and salt to meet your preference.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.