A creamy kid meal with both protein and a helping of veggies. Easy to make and loved by all, this creamy mac pasta and peas is comforting, flavor packed and so simple to throw together.
Every mom needs a quick meal that she knows her kids will eat. And maybe even her husband. No fights, no tears, no whining. This creamy pasta and peas is one of those meals for me.
I like to make batches of my Creamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce or the sauce from my Scalloped Cauliflower to keep in the freezer for moments like this. It freezes really well and all it needs to get the creamy texture back is a little heat and quick stir, you can even add some veggie broth to thin it out.
It bounces right back! This is a huge hit with my boys, one of those rare moments of silence as they each stuff their face. Pasta and peas filling their little mouths so no sound can escape. So sharing it with all of you is a no brainer.
It’s easy to make, has a serving of veggies and is filled with protein from the nut based sauce. An all around healthy meal! I hope it brings happiness to your house as it does to ours!
Other Things To Add To This Creamy Pasta and Peas;
- Use this pasta to use up leftover veggies such as fennel, zucchini, bell peppers
- Add some baby spinach in at the end of extra green goodness
- Sprinkle with a nut and breadcrumb topping and bake for a few minutes for extra crunch
Other Yummy Meals For Kids You Might Like;
- Creamy Vegan Mushroom Risotto
- Veggie Rice Buddha Bowl with Lemon Herb Sauce
- High Protein Low Fat Taco Meat
- Vegan Roasted Veggie Tacos
Make cream sauce according to recipe.
Cook pasta following directions on package.
When pasta is done, strain (reserve a little pasta water to thin out if necessary) and return to pot.
Add 1 cup sauce to pot and mix well.
Add in peas and mix until combined. Add a drizzle of pasta water to thin out if needed.
- The cream sauces make more than you need, however you can add more or less sauce depending on how your kids(or you) like it.
- Feel free to add more peas if desired.
- Recipe uses creamy risotto sauce for nutrition calculation
- Keep leftover sauce in the freezer for next time you need a quick meal!