It is possible to put together a quick vegan dinner that is not only delicious but loved by your family. Check out these amazing ideas!
This post was sponsored by Green Giant but the content and opinions expressed are fully my own.
This post was originally published on February 24, 2019.
You know the drill, life is crazy and you find yourself staring at the clock at 5 pm wondering where the day went. Kids are hangry, you’re crabby and want to feed your family something quick, healthy and have it taste good!
One trick I love is having a quick frozen veggie mix to heat up and make life really easy. And if the mixes already have seasoning and flavor in them, it makes it even quicker and easier!
We have been loving these new Green Green Giant® Simply Steam™ Made with Dash Salt-Free Seasoning blends. They are made with simple ingredients, loads of flavor from the herbs and spices and the best is that they have no added salt!
This is perfect for people that need to watch their salt intake, like my husband. And the crazy part, is that I assumed I would need to add salt for the rest of us, but the flavors are so great, you really don’t!
How To Prepare Easy Vegan Dinners
These blends really make it so easy to create healthy and satisfying meals quickly. Honestly you could serve these as a meal all on their own if you really wanted, but I like to mix things up to keep dinner interesting for everyone.
Simple Neutral Flavors
When you need something neutral and simple, having a veggie mix like this Lemon Pepper Vegetable Medley, allows you to be super versatile with it’s use. This one features broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and peppers expertly seasoned with a zesty kick!
They’re also easily steamed in the bag which means less dishes. (Yay!) You can definitely also pan saute them if you prefer. It takes just a few minutes to get them piping hot and ready to eat!
This flavor would also pair wonderfully with these recipes:
- Use these veggies in this Vegan Pesto Pasta Salad with Veggies
- Add to this Easy Vegan ‘Chicken’ Noodle Soup for extra nutrition and flavor
- Top the veggies with Fresh Tomato Marinara Sauce
- atop Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- in Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Bowls
Mexican and Southwest Flavors
Sometimes I want something with a little more flavor explosion. This Southwest Chipotle Sweet Corn Blend has all the ingredients we love. Corn, black beans, peppers, onions, and the perfect smoky chipotle flavor that are easily made in minutes.
Since the protein is right in the mix, I love serving this blend with my Mexican Coleslaw all on it’s own, it’s the perfect flavor combo!
You can also use this to make a Low Fat Vegan Mexican Taco Bowl even easier! Along with that, it’s an excellent side dish served with any of these easy Vegan taco recipes (or even right inside):
- Crispy Potato Tacos
- Lentil Walnut Tacos
- Roasted Veggie Tacos
- Beer Marinated Portobello Mushroom Tacos
- Lentil and Sweet Potato Tacos
Much like the neutral flavors we often use, we also like the garlic based flavors in our meals. This Garlic and Herb Vegetable Medley is a perfectly seasoned filling type mix because it includes potatoes inside along with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.
I’ve found that having my Black Beans as a side to this blend makes it a one and done meal that everyone eats without complaints. Having the beans made up ahead of time means that dinner is served in literally minutes!
This mix is also great with:
- as a side to Vegan BLTs
- Serve as a side dish to savory Vegan Portobello Mushroom Steak
- to add to this Veggie Chili
- Add some extra flair to the medley with Vegan Mushroom Bacon
Staples to have on hand
Having simple meals at the ready is such a lifesaver. The key to being able to whip up a delicious and healthy meal in minutes is being prepared ahead of time by having certain foods in your kitchen at all times!
Having frozen veggies on hand, like these Green Giant Vegetable Blends , makes wholesome meals easy and quick. In addition to those, it’s helpful to always have the following on hand:
- Pasta, all different shapes, sizes, and flavors.
- Rice, I like to have cooked rice in the freezer to save time.
- Beans & legumes, filling & versatile you can add them to anything!
- Leafy greens, whether to make a salad or to mix in for extra nutrients.
- Sauces, one of the easiest ways to customize a meal.
- Veggie broth, easily whip up a soup by adding the frozen veggies and other staples.
- Tortillas, because tacos are life!
Time saving tips
A little bit of work ahead of time makes a huge difference in the day to day. Here’s some suggestions of what you can do to make your life that much easier:
- Make up a big batch of your favorite healthy homemade sauce and freeze it in smaller portions.
- Cook dried beans and freeze them in family serving sizes.
- Same with rice, you can cook it ahead of time and freeze for an easy base for frozen vegetable blends!
- Use frozen veggies, like the Green Giant Vegetable Blends, as a base to make things like hearty soups that can be enjoyed one night, then freeze the leftovers for an even easier dinner in the future!
Anything plant based! From tacos, to salads, to hearty soups, it’s easy to make anything vegan with the right healthy, whole food ingredients.
Foods that naturally pack fiber or protein are the most filling. Vegan options include beans & legumes, nuts, seeds, oats, fruits & veggies. Frozen mixes like these Green Giant Vegetable Blends help keep you full with all their wholesome goodness!