Easy, fast and healthy meal to satisfy the entire family. This Mexican Pasta salad is the perfect way to get your daily fill of protein and veggies!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Explore Cuisine. The opinions and text are all mine.
Nothing like an easy, fast and delicious pasta salad that is not only super flavorful but also super healthy! And by healthy I mean protein, veggies, and healthy fats. This Mexican Pasta salad is an all in one meal that will satisfy your belly and keep you plenty full!
Awesome Pasta Without Grains
As much as we all love pasta, sometimes your belly needs a break from grains. If you're in the same boat, or can't tolerate grains in general, then this pasta is for you! Explore Cuisine Edamame Spaghetti is a healthy alternative to your typical noodles.
It not only boasts 24 grams of protein per serving, but it is made with 1 ingredient. Yeah, you heard me. 1. I mean....crazy right? It is also high in fiber with 11 grams! No more stopped up belly here. This will keep your digestive track moving like no other! TMI? You'll thank me later.
Mexican Pasta Salad Ready In No Time
This Mexican Pasta Salad is so easy to throw together. Just chop all the veggies, cook the pasta, and add in the lime juice and spices. It comes together in under 10 minutes!
The key to this quick meal is that these noodles cook in literally minutes. I boiled them for 2 minutes and found them to be the perfect al dente texture. Rinse with cold water, then add in all the other ingredients and BINGO!
And because the noodles do have a slight bean taste, this recipe is so perfect for them. I love using the natural flavors of things to inspire new recipes. So when I first tried this pasta, I knew I had to make good use of the underlying bean flavor.
What made cooking these noodles even easier was this amazing pasta pot by Lagostina that the awesome people of Explore Cuisine sent me. So easy to cook and strain all in one place!
As if the pasta pot wasn't already awesome, they also sent a veggie steamer basket, wooden pasta spoon and another specialty spoon that actually helps you measure serving size of spaghetti noodles! So naturally, when measuring for 2 servings, I actually used the 4 serving hole 😉 Because well, I love food.
But wait, it gets even cooler. Check out the adorable cutting board they sent! I have never, in all the years of working with brands, been sent such a sweet and thoughtful gift. Amongst all the awful things happening in the world today, it is such a breath of fresh air to see the awesomeness. I truly appreciate their generosity!
Reasons I love this Mexican Fiesta Pasta Salad:
- It comes together in under 10 minutes!
- Super easy, cut and toss recipe!
- Pasta with only 1 ingredient in it!
- Super high in protein!
- All in one meal!
(Sidenote, my middle took this photo as I held the forks!)
You can also find Explore Cuisine on:
Fast High Protein Mexican Fiesta Pasta Salad
- 1 box bean based spaghetti , I use the Explore Cuisine Organic Edamame spaghetti
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1 cup fresh or defrosted frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil , optional for flavor
- 1-3 teaspoons chopped fresh jalapeño , optional for added spice
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Chop all of the veggies and prep ingredients while you wait for the water to boil.
- Once noodles are cooked, run under cold water and drain well.
- Add to a large bowl, then mix in all of the ingredients and toss, making sure everything is incorporated.
- You can cook longer if you want a softer noodle, but make sure not to overcook.
- Do not allow the noodles to sit for too long before tossing them with the other ingredients or they won't mix in as well.
- Adjust the amount of lime juice to achieve the perfect tang for your preference. The jalapeño is optional, but highly recommended!
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.