Freshly squeezed juice to calm your body and liven your tastebuds! An anti-inflammatory juice to help diminish that over indulged bloated balloon feeling!
This post was sponsored by Hurom Slow Juicers but the content and opinions expressed are fully my own.
Anyone else feel that a little cleanse of the system is necessary after some fun indulgent days, especially in summer? These last few days have been full of fun, yet loads of eating out and maybe, just maybe, a few drinks 😉
I can instantly feel the salt in my system when I’m not eating at home for multiple days in a row. No matter how much water I chug, I get that overall puffy feeling for a few days after. So I love to whip out my new Hurom juicer and throw together some anti-inflammatory juice to help me deflate!
My first experience with amazing anti-inflammatory juice was at Beaming, a local plant based juice bar and cafe. I literally chugged the stuff in under 5 minutes.
I thought to myself, man this is AMAZING! But my wallet just can’t sustain that kind of obsession long, so of course I had to make it at home. It’s so perfect for days like today when I need a little kick in my over salted deflation process. But really, I can drink this any time and be extremely happy.
The main ingredients here have some amazing benefits:
- Fresh pineapple is filled with the enzyme bromelain, which is extremely helpful for inflammation.
- Cucumber is also great for inflammation because it’s highly hydrating, plus it also has plant lignans which help with digestion.
- Lime and jalapeño contain loads of vitamin C, prefect to keep your immune system strong.
- Mint is known to be good for headaches and digestion.
So overall, this anti-inflammatory juice is a powerhouse of yumminess!
My Hurom juicer is what is known as a slow juicer, which essentially means it helps retain more of the nutrients that whatever you juice is full of. So when I make my anti-inflammatory juice, I know I am getting as many of the nutrients as I can, just like I would with hand juicing.
It’s super quiet, easy to use and easy to clean. A huge win in my book! And extra awesome is that it is small enough to fit on my counter without taking up precious real estate.
So feeling a little ballon-like are you?
THIS is the answer! Dust the cobwebs off that juicer and bring it back to life! Not only does this anti-inflammatory juice taste so darn amazing, but it will also help your body get back to neutral.
If you love juicing, you may also love this immune-boosting smoothie!
Plus, you can give it to the kids as a little boost for immunity, school is about to start again and we all know what a germ trap that place is! LOL! Leave me a comment here and let me know what you think. You can also find me on Instagram and on Facebook, I love hearing from you everywhere! It’s time to get that flat belly back and show these last days of summer who’s boss!
- 2 cups pineapple pieces
- 1 cup cucumber pieces
- Juice of 1 lime about 1 tablespoon
- 1 jalapeno deseeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves packed plus more for garnish
- Wash and cut fruit and veggies. Remove the seeds from the jalapeño.
- Using juicer, juice each ingredient. It’s best to add the mint leaves in the middle of juicing so that the juicier ingredients will help push them through. I start with half of the pineapple, then do the cucumber, then the mint, then the jalapeno, then the lime and lastly the rest of the pineapple.
- Serve over ice with extra mint as garnish.
- You can add more or less of each ingredient to get the flavor you want.
- This makes about 3 cups juice total. Each serving is 1.5 cups.
- Cut and prep all ingredients.
- Reduce or take out the jalapeno.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.