Grilled Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita. Bring paradise to your taste buds with this flavorful powerhouse of a drink. Grilled pineapple margaritas with a jalapeño kick will be your go-to cocktail!
Sunny skies, beach days, enjoying life…all of these call for some delicious summertime cocktails. When I think summer, I think of fresh ripe fruit and refreshing ice cold drinks. Why not combine them into one? This grilled pineapple margarita has a nice little jalapeño kick and hint of cilantro and will bring paradise to your glass, the next best thing to being in actual paradise. So cheers someone you love and drink up!
Grilled pineapple jalapeño margaritas, are THE drink of summer!
Sorry, was I yelling? I’m going to make this short and sweet, this drink is AMAZING. And don’t ask just me, this delicious cocktail won the neighborhood margarita contest. That’s huge right? I mean, it may not be a golden globe but it’s the next best thing. I’ll take the margarita champ title any day! And it’s even okay that I’m now obligated to provide delicious margis at our get togethers, because I’m always up for drinking them. I mean, what could be better than a grilled pineapple margarita laced with jalapeño and cilantro? Not much my friends, not much.
I have a few more hours before I hit the big 4-0 and I thought this was the perfect way to celebrate. So who is going to whip these up on Tuesday July 11 and help toast me into this next decade? Anyone? I’m actually quite excited to leave my 30’s behind. This next phase of life is going to be AWESOME. Watching my kids grow, being past the baby stages and moving on to loads of family fun with my 3 little guys is more than I could have ever asked for. Plus, I have my first book coming out (read all about it here), and my blog is in a great place. Much of this is because of all of you reading this post right now. So a huge thank you, let’s cheers to life and grilled pineapple margaritas!
- 10 pieces sliced pineapple about 2 inch triangle base, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon melted butter optional to grill pineapple (I use the vegan butter by Miyoko’s Creamery)
- ¼ - ½ cup 2-4 ounces good quality tequila (more or less depending on preference, vegan to keep this vegan)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves only
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2-3 slices jalapeño seeds removed if you don’t want the spice
- 1 ¼ cups fresh pineapple juice
- ¼ cup water or soda water if wanted to dilute
- 4-6 slices fresh lime
- Coat sliced pineapple in butter, if using. Grill on grill pan or actual grill until both sides are browning, about 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine tequila, cilantro and lime juice in a glass jar or cup. Using a muddler (or end of a thick spoon or ice cream scooper if you don’t have one like me), carefully and slowly smash the cilantro with the tequila and lime juice until cilantro is somewhat smashed. Add jalapeno and mash a few more times.
- Once pineapple is grilled and cooled, squeeze juices into the jar or cup then add the pineapple in as well. You can also strain liquid if you don’t like the cilantro pieces.
- Add fresh lime slices. Then add the fresh pineapple juice and soda/water if using.
- Serve over ice with extra pineapple as garnish.
You can always leave out the tequila for a still delicious virgin option! The butter is optional but using it helps the pineapple caramelize a bit more for an even better flavor.