This pumpkin pie smoothie is so easy to make and a perfect kid treat. It's healthy, tastes amazing and perfect for fall!
I love fall and all its flavors. Especially when you can create easy recipes your kids will devour that actually have some health to them! After they took down my apple pie smoothie like vultures, another one was in order.
This pumpkin pie smoothie feels like a treat, but packs in some nutrients to make a filling and healthy drink!
Gather the following to make the best ever pumpkin smoothie!
- Pumpkin Purée
- Canned Coconut Milk
- Maple syrup
How To Make Vegan Pumpkin Smoothies
Making these vegan smoothies is a pretty simple process, here's what you'll need to do:
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into your favorite smoothie cup.
- Serve and enjoy!
While these pumpkin pie smoothies are fabulous all on their own, you can dress them up with toppings for extra flavor like I do in my Apple Pie Smoothie!
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Ice cream
- Crushed nuts, like pecans
- Pomegranate seeds
- Chocolate chips
- Chia seeds
- Dusting of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
Tips and tricks
This recipe is pretty simple, but here's a few suggestions that may come in handy:
- High fat milks add the most creaminess. If you use a lower fat milk, add an extra ¼ cup of cashews.
- If you don't use a high speed blender, you'll get better results if you prepare the cashews first. You can either soak the cashews overnight or boil them for 30 minutes. Or, grind the dry (un-soaked) cashews into a fine powder using a coffee grinder before adding to blender.
- Make sure to use pumpkin purée instead of pumpkin pie filling.
- You can use other sweeteners in place of maple syrup like stevia, monk fruit, agave or soaked dates.
Yes you can! Assemble all the ingredients a day ahead of time (except ice) in an airtight container and store in the fridge until you're ready to blend.
You can also make the smoothie then store in the freezer and blend again in the morning; this isn't my favorite way but it's an option!
You can, and you should! Pumpkin purée has the perfect flavor and consistency for smoothies. Not to mention, pumpkin is so healthy! It's low in calories, yet high in fiber which helps keep you fuller longer. Plus, it's rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
Pumpkin purée is simply that- puréed pumpkin, nothing else! Pumpkin pie filling contains sweeteners and seasonings.
Continue the pumpkin deliciousness with these vegan recipes:
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Energy Balls
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Black Bean and Pumpkin Enchiladas
- Cinnamon Apple Pumpkin Pie French Toast
Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Homemade vegan whipped cream
- Ice cream
- Blend all ingredients, except the ice, until creamy.
- Add the ice and blend until smooth.
- Add an extra ¼ cup of cashews if you use a milk that isn’t high in fat.
- If you are not using a high speed blender, you can soak the cashews overnight, boil them for 30 minutes or grind the dry cashews into a fine powder using a coffee grinder (do not soak them for this method).
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.