Eating healthy meals on the go can be difficult, but our guest today helps us find ways to make it possible without making it stressful!
While it's important to learn to let go and be balanced with what we eat, it can also make us feel better if we have healthy options to incorporate into meals when we are out of the house. Ashley Randall weighs in on this topic!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed Subscribe now! Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe now! Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Ashley has been working out and moving her body before she ever even knew it could be a career. She LOVES fitness and mindset, and knows the two of them are so dependent on each other. She believes that if you want to be strong in life mentally and physically you’ll have to be able to tap into both.
Teaching her clients how to do that is what really lights her up. She believes that being able to watch a client step into their power both mentally and physically is the best part of this line of work. She wants all her clients to feel like the CEO of their life, inside and out. Nobody can take away the confidence you have created.
Grab Ashley's Free 7 Day Shred here!
Importance of Nutritious Food
Stress is one of the biggest wellness killers out there, so when it comes to being on the go and feeding yourself appropriately we need to focus on ways to make that happen without it being stressful.
While balance it important, and making sure you know that eating things that aren't necessarily nutritious is totally ok, when we are on the go and active, our body still needs enough fuel to keep us going.
Making sure you are getting the nutrients you need helps you feel as good as you can and gives your body the energy it needs to stay active and participate in all the activities you want or need to be part of.
Making sure you are fueled when out and about can be hard, here are some of the biggest challenges we have found:
- It's difficult to find snacks that include all the nutrients we need.
- Prepackaged snacks tend to have larger amounts of sodium and sugar.
- It's harder to find protein filled snacks on the go.
- Finding fresh food on the go that is easy to eat can be challenging
- You need to find the balance between spending time packing things and using prepackaged food.
- If you have dietary needs, or preferences, it can be challenging to find food to fit within your needs
Tips For Snacks on the Go
Here are some things you can do to find nutritious food on the go, whether it's day to day or when you are traveling:
- Keep baggies of protein powder with you, pour them in a water bottle and shake it up for a quick protein boost.
- Protein bars are great ways to get a quick snack to fill you up (but make sure to read the label and look for those with lower sugar and higher protein). Brands like No Cow and Aloha are great.
- If you eat meat, beef jerky is a great go to snack.
- Many stores carry precut veggies and fruit that are great on the go.
- Snack packs with veggies and hummus or apples and nut butter are great for on the go.
- Individual trail mix and nut packs.
Healthy Snack Ideas You Can Prep
There are also some things you can prep and plan for at home to have them ready to go when you need to grab them:
- Chickpea or tuna salad in individual containers with crackers or veggies.
- PB&J sandwiches are great because they do well without staying cold.
- Bean, avocado and cheese tortilla roll ups.
- Cereal "trail mix" in baggies (cereal mixed with nuts).
- Chickpeas, either raw or baked crispy.
Signs You Need a Snack
There are signs your body gives you to let you know it's time to fuel up. Everybody is different, but here are the most common things to look for when it's time to feed your body:
- Stomach growling
- Irritability, more than average
- Fatigue or feeling like you're going to crash
- Brain fog or hard
Overall it's really important to look ahead and stop the crash before they come!
PS- If you liked this episode of Real Food Real Conversations, please subscribe and leave me a review!
And tag me on Instagram whenever you're listening! I reply to all my messages!
Questions or comments? Let me know below!