The perfect recipe when you need a quick dinner! Made with ingredients you’ll easily find in your kitchen, these vegan and gluten free black bean burgers are very low in fat, take only 10 minutes of prep and are ready to eat in under 30 minutes!
Like this recipe, I am going to keep this post short and sweet. I created these burgers for that perfect go to meal when you want to serve something healthy but have little time to spare. They are made of only 7 ingredients, most of which you typically have on hand, and are perfectly customizable so that everyone gets what they want (read: I am over the complaining)!
Making the best easy vegan and gluten free black bean burgers
It’s essential to have a few recipes in your back pocket to turn to in times of crazy. Which basically is my life these days (can we say how much longer until school starts again?!). So in the depths of despair, I made up this recipe. I needed it easy, quick to prep, customizable for all my personalities and good enough to go back to over and over.
Here is what you need to have:
- black beans
- soy sauce/tamari
- hot sauce (don’t worry, it isn’t very spicy overall)
- maple syrup
- liquid smoke
Here is what you need to do:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Put add ins if you prefer.
- Allow the mixture to set in the fridge while you clean up a bit.
- Shape into patties.
- Build how you want and devour.
7 easy ingredients and 5 easy steps to a healthy low fat dinner! And a dinner where no one complains because they can build it how they want. What more can you ask for? Me, a quiet room without anyone in it. But I guess I can settle for this amazing easy recipe for now…a girl can dream can’t she?
Get cooking friends!
The perfect recipe when you need a quick dinner! Made with ingredients you'll easily find in your kitchen, these vegan and gluten free black bean burgers are very low in fat, take only 10 minutes of prep and are ready to eat in under 30 minutes!
- 30 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed , I used two 15 ounce cans
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs , gluten free if needed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or Tamari (add optional 1/2 teaspoon salt if you need it saltier)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (add less if you are very sensitive to spice)
- 2 teaspoons garlic , finely chopped (about 3 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (if you don't have this on hand, you can also add smoked paprika, start with 1 teaspoon and add more as you prefer)
- Red or green onions
- Herbs- cilantro, parsley, etc
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, mashing with your hands until half the beans are mashed and you still have some chunks.
- Allow the mixture to settle in the refrigerate while you clean up (about 5 or so minutes). This helps the breadcrumbs fully absorb and the texture to firm up.
- Cook on a griddle, outdoor grill, or pan for 12-15 on each side. You could also bake them in the oven if you prefer. Bake at 375 F (191 C) for about 15-20 minutes on each side.
- Build your preferred burger using any toppings you desire. Serve on buns or even lettuce wraps.