5 ingredients to your next favorite side dish! Whether it’s the holidays, or a weekly meal, this simple yet flavorful recipe is the perfect addition! Side note: it goes AMAZING mixed with pasta.
“Peas Yiayia,” which means “grandma’s peas” in Greek, is a weekly staple in this crazy house. 90% of the time, it’s my mom (aka Yiayia) that brings this over for the kids. I don’t complain because any time your kids jump for joy to eat a vegetable is a winning moment.
The husband on the other hand, hates both peas and dill. It’s quite the ironic dinner when the big boy reluctantly eats his veggies so he can have dessert 😉 He does take them down without gagging, so that is a testament to this recipe!
5 ingredients, 5 easy steps!
Step 1: Chop the scallions and dill.
Step 2: Sauté the scallions until they are soft.
Step 3: Add the peas.
Step 4: Add the rest of the ingredients.
Step 5: Let simmer and cook.
I mean, does it get any easier? I’m pretty sure my 5 year old can make this with success.
Peas with scallions and dill on everything!
I swear these go with SO many things! My family originally began having this as a holiday side dish, but we love them so much AND they are so easy, that we now eat them year round. Because it’s a free country and you should be able to have peas with scallions and dill whenever your little heart wants. Here are some of our favorite pairings:
- pasta, any kind but our fave is with this lentil and mushroom bolognese
- lasagna, especially this one
- potatoes in any way but especially oven roasted, what doesn’t go good with potatoes?!
This recipe was originally published on 11/13/2014
Peas with Scallions and Dill
- Sauté chopped scallions with a drizzle of broth or oil and salt in a pot over medium heat until they begin to soften.
- Add the peas and mix well.
- Add the dill and broth. Mix well. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Cover and bring to a simmer. Let it simmer for about ten minutes or until the peas are tender and desired consistency is reached.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.