This easy to make and delicious dish will win the hearts of vegans and non-vegans alike! It can be used as an appetizer for a party or even as a side dish to your main course. Dip your favorite crackers, breads, or even veggies!
Nut base layer
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pistachio nut meats (any kind)
- ½ cup water (may need more to thin out mixture)
- Himalayan pink salt & ground black pepper to taste
Middle layer- 1 cup SKS Pesto (see recipe here) or other pre made pesto
Tomato top layer
- 6 medium sized vine ripened tomatoes
- Splash of your favorite cooking oil (optional)
- Himalayan pink salt and lemon pepper to taste
Make the nut base layer but placing all ingredients in a food processor, blender or high speed blender and mix until smooth, should be the consistency of cake batter. Add extra water if it’s too thick. Smooth mixture onto the bottom of a square baking dish.
Make SKS pesto or use other pre made pesto and smooth in a thin layer over the nut base layer.
Wash and chop tomatoes, and place in a bowl. Drizzle a splash of oil (if using), salt and lemon pepper, adjust for taste. Place on top of the pesto layer.
Broil on HIGH for 12 minutes or until tomatoes are browning at the edges. Enjoy with your favorite gluten free or sprouted wheat bread, crackers, and veggies!