This strawberry vodka spritzer is a simple recipe featuring fresh ingredients, the perfect summer cocktail! Make it with or without alcohol for poolside perfection.
The added thyme in this strawberry spritzer adds a delicious level of freshness to the flavor. Don't miss out on this one!
This post was originally published on July 2, 2017.
The best thing about drinks is that you can leave out or add in alcohol to your preference. My blueberry mint lemonade and anti-inflammatory juice both taste amazing as virgin drinks or cocktails!
How to Make a Vodka Spritzer
Summer cocktails are perfect for when the weather warms up. You want something cool and delicious that you can sip on while lounging by the pool, watching the sunset in your backyard, or sharing with friends at BBQs and potlucks!
This Strawberry Vodka Spritzer recipe is amazingly refreshing with the perfect amount of sweetness. Mix it up in minutes to enjoy fresh, or prep ahead of time for an effortless cocktail for your guests.
The best vodka spritzer is made with simple and fresh ingredients! Here's what you need:
- Lemon juice
- Sparkling water
Step by Step Instructions
This is what you need to do to make this cocktail recipe:
- Muddle the strawberries, vodka, lemon juice, thyme, and sugar.
- Strain out the pulp.
- Fill cocktail glasses.
- Top with sparkling water.
- Garnish and enjoy!
- Simply leave out the vodka to make this a virgin mocktail!
- You can prepare this Strawberry Vodka Spritzer in advance. Muddle and strain everything into an airtight container. Keep it in the fridge until you're ready to serve, then pour over ice, add sparkling water, and enjoy!
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice will result in the best flavor. In a pinch you can use bottled lemon juice instead.
- If you don't have a muddler you can use the bottom end of a thick spoon or ice cream scoop to mash everything up.
A vodka spritzer is a cocktail made with vodka, sparkling water, and other flavors such as fruit.
Spritzers should have a light and bubbly feel to them. The flavor will depend on which fruit or juice you use. Strawberry is a popular flavor, as well as cranberry, pomegranate, grapefruit, orange, and watermelon.
Many times yes, spritzers will contain vodka or wine. However it is very easy to make a noon-alcoholic spritzer. All you need to do is mix sparking water with the other flavors and leave out the vodka or wine.
More Cocktail Recipes
Keep the party going with these easy and delicious drinks:
- Bloody Maria (Tequila Bloody Mary)
- Spicy Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita
- Easy Passion Fruit Margarita
- Wine Slushies
- Peach Grapefruit Basil Cocktail
Amazing Strawberry Vodka Spritzer
- ½ cup chopped strawberries , about 7 strawberries, plus 2 whole ones for garnish if wanted
- ¼ - ½ cup vodka , 2-4 ounces (more or less depending on preference)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- ¾ cup sparkling water
- Place chopped strawberries, vodka, lemon juice, 4 sprigs thyme and sugar in a large glass measuring cup, or container of choice .
- Using a muddler (or end of a thick spoon or ice cream scooper if you don’t have one), carefully and slowly smash the strawberries and thyme until everything is smashed and the strawberries have juiced.
- Strain the liquid into two short cocktail glasses or jars filled with ice. Divide the sparkling water between the two glasses and mix in.
- Add back in some of the smashed strawberries if you want, then garnish with the 2 left over strawberries and sprigs thyme and enjoy!
- Leave out the vodka for a delicious virgin option.
- Muddle and strain ahead of time and store in a container in the fridge until ready to serve.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.
Nutrition and metric information should be considered an estimate.
What a refreshing cocktail! Loved the freshness!
Even although summer is now over I am so making this at the weekend! Yum!
The Vegan 8
The strawberry and thyme is such a delicious combo, I LOVE thyme and my mouth is watering! I am not a fan of vodka though so I will make the virgin one 🙂 My mom used to drink vodka and coke when I was growing up and too often when I would mistake her drink for being just a coke and take a big sip, just to gag out the vodka, lol! So, I think I've been scarred from vodka!
I used to hate it too but then I discovered high quality vodka and now it's all I drink! I love a good margarita too, but the same with tequila too. It needs to be high quality. The taste and flavor is SO different when it's good and not cheap. Regardless, strawberry and thyme are delicious together!
Wait, you need an excuse for cocktails? 🙂 This looks fabulous Sophia. We don't usually do mixed drinks, but all of the fabulous sips lately keep making me think I need to branch out from white wine!
I would say life is an excuse!! LOL!! And I love my white wine, but I've so been into cocktails lately!
Love a good cold fruity vodka drink! And strawberries? Yes!
That does look beautifully refreshing! I'll have to find a special night this summer where I can serve this.
Thanks Nicole! Hope you have that special night soon!
This looks like such a fun cocktail to server at summer parties. I love that it's made with fresh fruit!
Thank you! Yes, the fresh fruit is key!
Yum! Brilliant combination, Sophia. Your pictures? Stunning. Thanks for all the care you put into making food delicious and beautiful. My mom is coming for a visit and tonight I will "muddle the bejeezus" out of the ripe strawberries in my fridge. My thyme died, so I might have to improvise with mint. I've got Tito's, so we're all set! Thanks so much!
Haha!! Thank you so much Stacey! Mint would be delicious in these as well!
They were wonderful! We left out the sugar and opted for sour by adding more lemon. Cheek-puckering delicious! Thanks for sharing.
Yay! So happy you liked them! I love a sour drink as well, but I know that not everyone does so I added that bit of sugar. Thanks so much for making it!
This sounds delightful - so summery & refreshing! The addition of thyme really kicks it up a notch too. I need to invite some friends over ASAP!
Thank you Cadry! Yes! You do!!
YESSSS I need this in my life! Excuse me, while I go see if my thyme plant is still alive in the garden.
Hoping you found live thyme!!! Because this is so good!!