This is my first entry into a recipe contest! A few days ago I saw that Sambazon started a smoothie bowl recipe contest inspired by the World Cup. The rule was to choose a country that’s in the running, create a recipe, photograph it and submit. Game on!! This is my type of contest. I of course picked Greece, purely based on the fact that I am 100% Greek, and nothing to do with how good they are at soccer…lol. My brain went to work, and a design instantly came to me.
Blueberries are currently in season and our local market has the most amazing local organic ones right now so it was an obvious choice of ingredient. Plus, they represent the colors of Greece so win win for me! Since peach season is also on it’s way, I threw those into the mix, and of course had to include my beloved pecans. Hemp seeds were an obvious, and coconut is white which goes with the blue to make the colors of the Greek flag, so it all came together nicely. This smoothie bowl tasted as good as it looks so celebrate some soccer and give it a try!
Look no further! More great smoothies & smoothie bowl options:
- Frozen Hot Chocolate Oat Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Cashew Cacao Chunk Smoothie
- The Best Thick Smoothie Bowl
- Banana Berry Smoothie Bowl
Blueberry Peach Acai Smoothie Bowl
- 3/4 cup frozen peaches
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 pack frozen acai , 1 pac
- 4-6 tablespoons almond milk
- 1-2 tablespoons pecan butter , or other nut butter
- Place berries and bananas into blender.
- Pulse until chopped in small pieces.
- Add the milk and nut butter.
- Blend on low until thick and smooth, stop to scrape down sides along the way.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.