This vegan pecan pumpkin smoothie is a healthy way to celebrate the flavors of fall. It’s so creamy and flavorful you won’t know it’s dairy free!
I love the flavors of fall, pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves…anything rich and yummy works! I especially love pecans and how well they pair with so much this time of year. They add the perfect addition to this pumpkin smoothie recipe!
Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie
This pumpkin smoothie from Kathy Hester’s new ebook The Ghoulish Gourmet, brings together amazing flavors with the ease of throwing together a treat in no time. The healthy way to get your holiday Halloween spirit on!
Kathy’s new book is full of spooky, delicious and fun recipes for the perfect Halloween party. It’s perfect for a small holiday get together or big party!
I love that she covers so many different themes and that she includes a wide variety from appetizers to main dishes to drinks all in one place. Halloween or not, these are definitely delicious looking recipes!
Other than this pecan pumpkin shake, some fun festive things you will find are:
- Creepy Bats and Cats Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Pumpkin Juice
- Vegan Deviled Purple Potatoes
- Gruesome Forbidden Rice Mousse
- Swamp Monster Slow Cooker Jackfruit Gumbo
Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
This is a super easy recipe to make! With just a blender and a few whole food ingredients, you’ll be sipping in no time.
The coolest thing about this shake, is that you don’t need any ice cream. She thickens it with chia seeds! Have you ever had chia pudding? Same idea, different use. So smart! Big thanks to Kathy for letting me share this recipe from her ebook!
- Make the pecan milk.
- Add in the other ingredients and blend.
- Add in the ice and see the thick delicious smoothie come to life.
So who’s planning a Halloween bash? My oldest was born on Halloween so I know we are making some of these spooky treats to celebrate for sure! I’m starting with this pecan pumpkin shake and perhaps some bat cookies to dip them right in.
This vegan pecan pumpkin smoothie is a healthy way to celebrate the flavors of fall. It's so creamy and flavorful you won't know it's dairy free!
- 1¼ cups water
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds , or ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- pinch cloves
- sweetener of choice , to taste (maple syrup, stevia, monk fruit, agave and soaked dates all work well)
- ½ to 1 cup crushed ice
- Make your own nondairy milk by adding the water and pecans to a blender and blending until mostly smooth. At this point, you can strain the mixture or leave the tiny bits of pecan in to add texture to the shake. I like to leave them in.
- Next add the pumpkin, chia seeds, spices and your choice of sweetener to the blender with the nondairy mixture. Blend until smooth, taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- Add ice and blend until it looks like a milkshake. Please note that if you do not have a powerful blender you may need to add the first ½ cup of ice and blend, then add more in ¼ cup increments until it’s as thick as your blender (or undertaker) will allow.
Make this nut-free:
- Substitute 1¾ cups of you favorite nut-free nondairy milk in place of the water and pecans.
Recipe by Kathy Hester from The Ghoulish Gourmet: A Bewitching Collection of Vegan Halloween Recipes copyright 2016 printed with permission