This vegan pecan pumpkin smoothie is a healthy way to celebrate the flavors of fall. It's so creamy and flavorful you won't know it's dairy free!
I love the flavors of fall, pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves...anything rich and yummy works! I especially love pecans and how well they pair with so much this time of year. They add the perfect addition to this pumpkin smoothie recipe!
Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie
This pumpkin smoothie from Kathy Hester's new ebook The Ghoulish Gourmet, brings together amazing flavors with the ease of throwing together a treat in no time. The healthy way to get your holiday Halloween spirit on!
Kathy's new book is full of spooky, delicious and fun recipes for the perfect Halloween party. It's perfect for a small holiday get together or big party!
I love that she covers so many different themes and that she includes a wide variety from appetizers to main dishes to drinks all in one place. Halloween or not, these are definitely delicious looking recipes!
Other than this pecan pumpkin shake, some fun festive things you will find are:
- Creepy Bats and Cats Chocolate Graham Crackers
- Pumpkin Juice
- Vegan Deviled Purple Potatoes
- Gruesome Forbidden Rice Mousse
- Swamp Monster Slow Cooker Jackfruit Gumbo
Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
This is a super easy recipe to make! With just a blender and a few whole food ingredients, you'll be sipping in no time.
The coolest thing about this shake, is that you don't need any ice cream. She thickens it with chia seeds! Have you ever had chia pudding? Same idea, different use. So smart! Big thanks to Kathy for letting me share this recipe from her ebook!
- Make the pecan milk.
- Add in the other ingredients and blend.
- Add in the ice and see the thick delicious smoothie come to life.
So who's planning a Halloween bash? My oldest was born on Halloween so I know we are making some of these spooky treats to celebrate for sure! I'm starting with this pecan pumpkin shake and perhaps some bat cookies to dip them right in.
Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake
- 1¼ cups water
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds , or ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- pinch cloves
- sweetener of choice , to taste (maple syrup, stevia, monk fruit, agave and soaked dates all work well)
- ½ to 1 cup crushed ice
- Make your own nondairy milk by adding the water and pecans to a blender and blending until mostly smooth. At this point, you can strain the mixture or leave the tiny bits of pecan in to add texture to the shake. I like to leave them in.
- Next add the pumpkin, chia seeds, spices and your choice of sweetener to the blender with the nondairy mixture. Blend until smooth, taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- Add ice and blend until it looks like a milkshake. Please note that if you do not have a powerful blender you may need to add the first ½ cup of ice and blend, then add more in ¼ cup increments until it’s as thick as your blender (or undertaker) will allow.
- Substitute 1¾ cups of you favorite nut-free nondairy milk in place of the water and pecans.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.
Nutrition and metric information should be considered an estimate.
Pumpkins and pecans were made for each other. The perfect seasonal sip!
Seriously!! It's like they were conjoined twins at some point. LOL!
I love this smoothie! Such perfect fall flavours. I really need to check Kathy's book out!
Thank you!! Yes, you do!! It's fantastic.
We're a nut-free household, so I made this with roasted Sunflower seeds. Yummy!! Thank you for posting:)
Oh that's great to hear!! SO happy it worked!
Linda @ Veganosity
Kathy's book looks adorable and that shake looks so darn good! How fun that you have a Halloween birthday in the family. The perfect excuse to always have a party!
It's so fun!! Halloween night is a blast. Thanks Linda!
Amy Katz from Veggies Save The Day
Isn't this shake delicious? Love your pics!
It's SO good!! Thank you Amy!!
So cool!! Love the looks of this shake! Never had one including pumpkin. It's not a big thing over here in Europe, but those pumpkin (spice) drinks really seem to be really popular in the US. Deffo got me interested 😀
Thanks Howie! Yes, it is ALL about pumpkin over here right now. LOL
Have you tried making it nut-free? I would think that maybe even adding in some SunButter in place of the pecans could work well. I'll have to try and let you know because the recipe looks delicious.
Hi Nicole! I bet the sunbutter would be delish!! Try it and let me know!
Hey Nicole! I wanted to let you know that a reader made it with roasted sunflower seeds and said it was awesome!
Vicky @ Avocado Pesto
Love all the flavors in this pecan pumpkin shake! And that cookbook sounds so fun for Halloween!
It is such a fun Halloween book!
That shake looks great - I love this book!
Me too!! So fun!!
Elizabeth @ SugarHero.com
What a fun book! I LOVE themed meals and recipes. This shake sounds delicious!
It is delicious! And great themed recipes.
Dianne's Vegan Kitchen
I love Kathy's book. Isn't it so much fun?
It is!! So cute!!
Derek | Dad With A Pan
Love the quick idea on how to make your own milk from the pecans! Going to have to try this one out!
It's so quick and easy!
I've been trying to find new shake recipes, mainly because I'm bored of my own right now!
This looks perfect for me!
Can't wait to try it!
It's always good to mix it up!!
Ilona @ Ilona's Passion
I just saw this vegan pumpkin shake already in my mail box this morning. I totally love it! Love your blog!
Thank you!! You are too kind!!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine
Love the pecans! They are so Fall-wintery <3 I feel weird eating pecans when it isn't cold weather season :O
Ha!! Yes, so fall! But I eat them year round because I love them so much!