The perfect tangy, subtly spicy, cilantro cream sauce for any meal. Dip it, coat it or drizzle it on top. The flavors of every ingredient really come through!
Creamy vegan sauces
The one thing I love doing is showing how creamy I can get a vegan sauce to be. It’s second nature to me now, I would like to say I’m kind of an expert. Have you seen my cookbook? It has sauces GALORE.
The key to creamy is cashews. Sorry nut free peeps but this is the truth. There are other ways, for sure, but cashews are hands down the best flavor. I often add a touch of potato, or maybe some white beans for protein. But always, cashews.
So when I created these amazing easy enchiladas, I thought…but first sauce. And a Mexican flared creamy sauce at that.
Hello there creamy cilantro sauce with sriracha. It pretty much screams enchiladas.
How do you make cilantro cream sauce?
It really doesn’t get much easier than a creamy vegan sauce. It’s even easier than a dairy filled sauce that you have to stir on the stove for years on end waiting for it to get it’s cream on.
- Dump all the things into your high speed blender (regular blenders work too, but you need to soak the cashews overnight or boil them for a bit).
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
What can you put cilantro cream sauce on?
The question should read, what CAN’T you put it on!
Try these other delicious recipes on your next Mexican dinner night!
Spicy Cilantro Cream Sauce
- Put all ingredients, except the cilantro, into a blender and blend on high until nice a smooth.
- Add cilantro and pulse until chopped but not pureed in.
- If you are not using a high speed blender, you can grind the dry cashews into a fine powder using a coffee grinder (do not boil them for this method). You can also soak them overnight or boil them for 30 minutes.
- Sauce thickens in the fridge, allow to cool a bit before serving.
- Makes 2 cups, serving size is 1/4 cup
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.