It’s been 2 weeks tomorrow since my third little boy entered the world and I’ve been enjoying every last second with him! Drinking in his sweetness, spending time with my family and watching his brothers adore him has been heaven. I’ve actually even been able to sneak in a little blog work here and there. All this would not have been possible without the support and major extra effort by my amazing hubby! He’s been hands down number one husband, father and overall person ever. Seriously. Literally our first day back home from the hospital I had a creation hit me (it was something I needed to eat, not totally out of left field, and it’s coming to the blog soon!) and with me recovering on the couch he stood in the kitchen while I took him through my brains creation step by step. Talk about amazing…I’m close to having that recipe done so stay tuned!
In the meantime, I am sharing a recipe I made before baby boy arrived that I didn’t get a chance to share. It is one of our new favorite pasta sauces and I know you will love it! I’ll make this short and sweet, since I’m racing the clock until next feeding time for the babe…I have to keep myself in check now with my scheduled feedings! LOL
This creation came about when I was trying to use up leftover chopped veggies from my Buffalo Chickpea Burgers. I didn’t want to waste the bunch of tomatoes that had been in my fridge for a while, and I was craving pasta, so I threw it all together and out came this very hearty sauce that my husband declared had quite a “meaty” consistency. It’s full of veggies, uses no oil and is totally fat free. The texture is awesome and really makes you feel like you’re getting more of an all around meal than just a sauce. It’s easy to make and a great way to get in extra veggies for those kiddos! I topped it with my Hemp Almond Parmesan and it was delicious! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!
Leave a comment on the blog if you try this, I love hearing your feedback! You can also tag me on Instagram at veggiesdontbite #veggiesdontbite so I don’t miss it!
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine make sure it is vegan to make this dish fully vegan
- 8 large fresh tomatoes or 18 ounces jarred or boxed crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 - 1 cup veggie broth may need more if using fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 16 ounces your favorite pasta 4 ounces per person served, adjust if needed
- Hemp Almond Parmesan
- Chop garlic and add to a sauté pan with the white wine. Saute until garlic is browned well. Add other chopped veggies to the pan and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes, veggie broth, and all spices. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for about 30-40 minutes. Add more broth as it cooks if too much liquid evaporates and you prefer it saucier. Serve with your favorite pasta! Top with Hemp Almond Parmesan.
Tips to prep ahead: Wash and chop carrots, celery, cauliflower and garlic. Puree fresh tomatoes and chop fresh herbs if using.