Chocolate Lovers Layered Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Dessert (raw, vegan)
A layered vegan strawberry chocolate mousse dessert topped with rich fudgy brownie crumbles for true foodies only. A chocolate lovers dream come true!
Servings 2 servings
- 1/2 cup raw cashews I use NOW Foods brand (soak overnight if not using a high speed blender)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk placed in refrigerator overnight or freezer for 2-3 hours
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Perfect Vegan Date Sweetened Brownies leave out to keep raw
Make brownies if haven’t already. Allow to cool, then crumble until you get 1 cup worth. Save the rest of the brownies to devour later.
Take the can of coconut milk out of the refrigerator/freezer and open it. Using a spoon, remove the harder white thick layer from the top and put into a blender, reserving the clear coconut water for a later use if you want. It makes a great addition to smoothies!
Add in the cashews, dates and cacao powder and blend until smooth.
Wash and slice strawberries.
Layer in 8 ounce mason jars or container of choice. Start by putting 1/4 cup of brownie crumbles at the bottom of each container, then add 1/4 of the mousse mixture in each cup, then add 1/4 cup strawberries. Repeat. You can also layer any way you prefer as well. Leave out the brownie layer if making raw.
- Soak nuts overnight if not using a high speed blender, but if crunched for time, soak in warm water for at least 2 hours or boil for 30 minutes.
- You can use another type of date, but taste for sweetness level and adjust amount since different dates have different tastes.
- Tips to prep ahead: Make brownies if using. Soak cashews.
- Baby/toddler food idea: Great sweet treat for littles! You can omit brownies and use more fresh strawberries for a wholesome and healthy kid treat. For a baby you can even puree the strawberries and mix in a bit of the coconut cream for a dose of healthy fats.
Calories: 917kcal | Carbohydrates: 122g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 36g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 1860mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 85g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 44.1mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 12.1mg