Easy Vegan Bruschetta with Baked Polenta Rounds
This easy bruschetta is the perfect vegan appetizer you can throw together in minutes! It's gluten free, flavorful and has an extra bonus of added protein!
- 1 sleeve of polenta (a sleeve is 18 ounces)
- 4 fresh tomatoes , chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced basil
- 1/2 cup sliced arugula , optional for a kick
- 1 cup white beans , like great northern or cannellini
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic , about 2 large cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil , optional
- Miso Balsamic Dressing , see note
Preheat oven to 400F/ 200C.
Slice polenta into ¼ inch rounds, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until they begin to get golden brown and crispy.
While baking, place all ingredients, except for the balsamic, into a large bowl and combine well.
You can also make the balsamic drizzle now if it isn't made.
Once the polenta is done and cooled a bit, top it with the bruschetta mix and drizzle some Miso Balsamic Dressing over the top. Serve immediately
Tips to prep ahead:
- I measure the basil and arugula loosely packed.
- You can just use balsamic vinegar for a quick option instead of the dressing.
- This makes about 16 rounds of polenta pieces. Serving size is about 4.
- Make the balsamic drizzle.
- Mix up the bruschetta topping the night before.
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 473mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1240IU | Vitamin C: 18.8mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1.2mg