Creamy Vegan Mashed Potatoes
Rich, creamy and so satisfying all without the dairy. These creamy vegan mashed potatoes have a secret trick that make them next level delicious!
- 2 pounds potatoes , see note
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups white beans , about one 15 ounce can (drained and rinsed)
- 1 ½ cups Grateable Vegan Parmesan Cheese , if using my Parmesan double it when making it and also make the crumble version not the wheel because it's easier to use for this (or use your favorite store brand)
- 1 cup cashew milk (can sub another plant based milk if you prefer)
- Ground black pepper , optional for garnish
- Rosemary sprig , optional for garnish
- Serve with Caramelized Onion Gravy
Cut potatoes into big pieces, rinse to remove some of the starch.
Put them with the salt in a pot and cover with water. Boil for about 15-20 minutes until tender.
Meanwhile, put white beans, cheese and milk in a blender and puree until nice and smooth.
When the potatoes are done, rinse them one more time. Allow them to dry a bit then put them in a bowl with the creamy sauce.
Use a potato masher, hand mixer or stand mixer to whip the potatoes and the creamy sauce into a nice fluffy mound. Do not over mix or they will become gluey.
Serve with caramelized onion gravy and optional pepper and rosemary sprig.
- You can use any potato, Russet are the fluffiest but Yukon gold are my favorite flavor for these because they are so buttery in taste.
- You can sub with another plant based milk but make sure it is creamy.
- The portions are for a side dish size.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 947mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 18.8mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 7.3mg