Homemade vegan chorizo makes a great addition to your taco Tuesday. Easy and versatile and loaded with flavor! Add it to tacos or use it in another recipe.
- 3/4 cup walnuts , soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas , about 1 can rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes , not in oil, dry or in water (see note)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tsp cumin
- 4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp sea salt , optional depending on how salty your sun dried tomatoes are
- 1/2 tsp chipotle seasoning , optional for added spice
Put everything into a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
If you want to warm it, saute in a pan with a drizzle of oil to get it crisp around the edges.
Serve in and on eveyrhting!
- If your sun dried tomatoes are in water make sure to dry them well.
- If you don’t use chipotle seasoning and still want the touch of smoky flavor, you can sub smoked paprika. You can also sub cayenne if you simply want spice.
- This makes about 4 cups. Serving size is 1/2 cup.
Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 501mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 669IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 3mg