Raw Vegan Protein Packed Brownie Batter Bites
Raw brownie bites made in minutes, packed with protein and a perfect after school snack! The nut-free option makes this the ultimate allergy friendly treat.
- 10 tablespoons cocoa powder (I use NOW Foods brand)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (I use NOW Foods brand)
- 1/4 cup almond butter , use sunbutter for nut free (see note)
- 1/4 cup unflavored pea protein powder , see note (I use NOW Sports brand)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-4 tablespoons dairy free chocolate chips , omit for even healthier option
- 2-4 tablespoons water , optional (see note)
Put everything except the chocolate chips and water into a bowl and mix well.
Slowly add water if needed. You may not need any water if your almond butter is runny. If you are rolling these into balls, only add water if you need help mixing the batter well. Start with a teaspoon and slowly add until you get a well mixed batter. If you add too much then the batter will be too soft to roll.
Add chocolate chips and mix again.
Eat right away if you are eating as batter.
Allow to chill in the fridge while you clean up, then roll into balls if you prefer to eat it that way.
- These make 10 balls about 2 inches in size.
- To make this nut free use sunbutter, this will change the flavor slightly but will allow it to be completely allergy friendly.
- You can sub another kind of protein powder, just make sure it is unsweetened and unflavored.
- If you are making balls or your almond butter is runny you may not need any water, add slowly to get the consistency you prefer. You could also use milk if you want a little extra richness.
- Nutrition facts include 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips.
- If you do not have, or do not want to use, a protein powder you can sub oat flour. Use the same amount. My friend Brandi from The Vegan 8 tried this and said it worked perfectly and no water was needed.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 149mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1.4mg