Peach Grapefruit Basil Cocktail
This tart with a touch of sweet peach grapefruit basil cocktail is the perfect summer drink, and just as good alcohol free. So refreshing, you won't be able to stop drinking, which is just fine since it's made with fresh delicious fruit!
- 3 grapefruit , makes about 2 1/2 cups juice (see note)
- 2 peaches , chopped (makes a little over 1 cup)
- 10 large leaves fresh basil
- 5 cups soda (sparkling water)
- 1-2 ounces vodka per drink , depending on how strong you want it (optional)
- slices fresh grapefruit for garnish (optional)
Chop peaches. Juice grapefruit. You can hand squeeze or use a juicer.
Put basil leaves, chopped peaches and about 1 cup grapefruit juice into a large pitcher (needs to be at least 9 cups).
Using a muddler, or other thick long tool, smash the peaches and basil together until just incorporated. You don't want all the peaches to be smashed, just about 1/3 of them. You want the basil leaves to be crushed a little so that you simply get the essence of the flavor.
Pour the rest of the grapefruit juice and the soda into the pitcher. Stir well.
Fill a highball type glass (I used a 16 ounce mason jar) with ice. Pour in 1-2 ounces of vodka, depending on how strong you want it, (if using). Fill the rest of the glass with the drink from the pitcher, about 1 cup or 8 ounces.
Stir, garnish with a wedge of fresh grapefruit if preferred. Enjoy!
- You can use bottled grapefruit juice if you prefer, although I don't recommend it because it will not be as good. The juiced grapefruit makes about 2 1/2 cups, so sub that much of bottled juice.
- You don't want to add ice into the pitcher because it will melt and dilute the drink.
- The nutrition information includes using 1.5 ounces of vodka per drink.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1210IU | Vitamin C: 31.3mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 0.2mg