Homemade DIY Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
The best part of the holidays is being able to take those flavors and use them for more than baking. This DIY Gingerbread Sugar Scrub is the perfect use!
- 3 cups sugar , I like turbinado sugar for a course scrub and brown sugar for a milder scrub, or a mix of both
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons cocoa butter , melted if using discs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 tablespoons nutmeg
- 1 tablespoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoons allspice
Melt coconut oil and cocoa butter into liquid form. I used the microwave, it took about 1-2 minutes. You can also use a double boiler.
Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix to incorporate. Store in plastic or glass jars. Use on body 1-2 times a week for deep exfoliation.
- You can also use all coconut oil but the cocoa butter is very moisturizing and keeps the scrub together well.
- Make sure the coconut oil and cocoa butter are melted before assembling and
- Be careful when handling he hot cocoa butter and coconut oil.