Green Dairy-Free Mac and Cheese
Delicious creamy dairy-free mac and cheese with greens you don't even taste! Make food fun again in the best healthy way possible.
- 1 cup cauliflower , chopped (about ¼ of a head)
- 1 cup cooked potato , about 1 medium potato
- ¼ of a medium onion
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 clove garlic , medium size
- ¾ cup raw cashews (see note)
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk , I use Silk brand
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seed powder
Preheat oven to 450 F/ 230 C
Chop cauliflower and sprinkle with a bit of broth or oil. Spread out on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until slightly crisp.
Meanwhile, cook potato and onion by boiling until soft.
Once cauliflower, potato and onion are done, put them in a high speed blender with all other ingredients, except pasta, and blend until smooth.
Cook your favorite pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse, then return to pot.
Pour sauce over pasta and mix over low heat until thick and gooey. Serve!
Tips to prep ahead
- Sauce makes about 3 cups.
- The best method to cook the potato is by boiling it with the onion. See instructions.
- If you are not using a high speed blender you can either soak the cashews overnight, boil them with the potato and onion or grind them into a fine powder using a coffee grinder.
Baby/toddler food idea
- Cook cauliflower, potato, onion and cashews.
- Best kid food ever. Overcook pasta for young baby and mash well.
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 615mg | Potassium: 251mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 470IU | Vitamin C: 12.2mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 2.3mg