Vegan Thai Peanut Noodles
These vegan Thai peanut noodles are easy to make and are full of flavor! Filled with protein, veggies and done in 15 minutes, the perfect weeknight meal!
For the peanut sauce:
- ½ cup natural peanut butter , smooth or crunchy
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce , gluten-free if preferred
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 Tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1- inch piece fresh ginger , peeled and minced
- 2 tsp your favorite hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil (omit for oil-free)
For the noodles:
- 6 oz vegan chow mein noodles or rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 1 medium carrot , peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 green onions , chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts , roughly chopped (salted, roasted, raw, whatever you like!)
- Handful cilantro , roughly chopped
For the peanut sauce, in a small bowl, mix together all of the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain them and return them to the saucepan. Add the peanut sauce, bell pepper, and carrot. Toss well to combine.
Garnish with green onions, peanuts, and cilantro. Add more hot sauce if you like.
Excerpted from Fuss Free Vegan: 101 Everyday Comfort Food Favorites, Veganized. Copyright © 2017. Samantha Turnbull. Published by Appetite by Random House®, a division of Penguin Random House, Canada Limited. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.
- I love the fresh crunch of raw red bell pepper and carrot in this dish, but if you don’t happen to have those in your fridge, you could also try chopped cucumber, thinly sliced cabbage, cooked edamame, snow peas, basil leaves, or cubed tofu.
- This dish is super versatile and a great fridge cleaner-outer.
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1085mg | Potassium: 464mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3540IU | Vitamin C: 44.5mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1.9mg