Healthy Vegan Shamrock Shake
When your green smoothie is disguised as a shamrock shake it's a huge win! Filled with protein packed avocado and spinach for that extra green boost.
Servings 1 serving
- ¼ cup spinach
- ¼ avocado
- 1 ½ very ripe frozen bananas
- 5-6 ice cubes , optional for an icier shake
- 1/8-¼ teaspoon peppermint extract , depending on how pepperminty you want it
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk , or use 1 cup full fat coconut milk for optimal creaminess
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 4 dates , optional for extra sweetness
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips , plus more to sprinkle on top (use raw cacao nibs for raw shake with less sugar)
- ¼ cup whipped topping , optional for topping
Place all ingredients except the chocolate chips into a blender and mix until well blended.
You can add more milk if it’s too thick.
Add chocolate chips and pulse to chop them up, but don’t overblend because you will lose the green color.
Sprinkle with more chocolate chips and a dollop or whipped topping if desired.
- Make sure you are using a neutral tasting avocado, some types have stronger flavors than others. Hass is probably the best bet, I used a Fuerte one time and the flavor was way too strong for us.
- Make sure your bananas are very ripe when freezing to get the optimum sweetness. If they aren’t super ripe you may want to add more sweetener.
- To make this nut free use a nut free milk.
- Nutrition calculations use maple syrup and do not include whipped topping.
Calories: 535kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 919mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 52g | Vitamin A: 890IU | Vitamin C: 22.5mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 4.2mg