Fancy Apple Cinnamon Roses
These fancy-looking apple roses are the perfect dessert to impress your family and friends. Easier than they look to make but give that fancy feel, you only need 5 ingredients!
- 1 sweet apple , e.g. Pink Lady
- 1 9 x 16-inch package vegan puff pastry , thawed (see note for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon vegan white sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
Slice the apple with a mandoline slicer into very thin slices.
Roll out the puff pastry and sprinkle the white sugar and cinnamon evenly on the pastry dough.
Cut the dough horizontally into 6 equal strips.
Place the apple slices on the pastry dough strips so that they overlap one another. The skin side of the apples should stick a little out of the strip. Carefully roll the strips in.
Smooth down the bottom and press it together a bit.
Place the apple roses in a lightly oiled muffin pan and put the pan in the oven on the lowest rack for about 25 to 30 minutes.
Let them cool off completely before carefully twisting them out of the pan.
Dust the apple roses with powdered sugar before serving.
Reprinted with permission from The Veginner's Cookbook, copyright © 2018 by Bianca Haun and Sascha Naderer,. Published by Skyhorse Publishing, Inc.
- I used coconut sugar instead of white sugar and they turned to great.
- You can make your own powdered sugar from coconut sugar as well by putting it into a high speed blender and blending on high until it forms a powder.
- Schar brand makes a gluten free puff pastry. If you can't find it, then you can be creative and use gluten free pizza crust or tortillas.
Calories: 233kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 200mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g