Easy Veggie Fried Rice Recipe
This easy veggie fried rice is simple and quick to throw together for a weeknight meal or side. Loaded with vegetables and flavor, you're going to love it!
- 4 cups chopped veggies of choice , see note
- 1 cup chopped yellow or sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce , or Tamari for gluten-free (can add up to 6 tablespoons if preferred, we didn’t like ours too salty)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil , can use drizzle of broth to keep oil-free
- 4 cups cooked rice
- ½ cup sliced green onion , optional for garnish
- Black pepper to taste , optional
In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic with the sesame oil or broth until slightly brown. About 5 minutes.
Add the veggies and sauté until browning at the edges. About 5 more minutes.
Add rice, soy sauce, and vinegar and mix until combined and heated through. About 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with green onion and black pepper and serve!
Tips to prep ahead:
- You can use any veggies you like with this, I used bok choy, carrots, peas, peppers and broccoli. Frozen veggies work too.
- You can add egg to this if you want as well. Use a vegan egg to keep this vegan. Simply scramble cook the egg first and set aside to mix in at the end.
- The apple cider vinegar helps bring out the flavors, but it can be left out if preferred.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 537mg | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 9367IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 3mg