I see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's been 3 months of morning/all day sickness and I am finally beginning to feel good enough to get back to my life! I am still going to take it slow, this pregnancy has forced me to take a step back and see that it is ok not to do it all. I love what I do with my blog, and have so much I want to accomplish, but I am going to take it all slowly, one step at a time. That being said, I am excited for the future and all the new things I want to roll out! For now, enjoy this extremely simple, healthy and delicious recipe!
A random pregnancy craving was the reason behind this creation. I am slowly starting to feel like eating veggies again, but mostly cold crisp ones. I felt like something sweet and salty, and tacos sounded good. There is zero oil in this, oil has actually not agreed well with me so you may see more oil free recipes. I love how quick and easy this is to put together, but yet so flavorful. There are a lot of different flavors here: sweet, salty, tangy with a hint of spice in the chili powder. It hit the spot perfectly for this growing belly of mine!
Rainbow Tacos With Tangy Mango Dressing
- 1 cup dry green lentils, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 2 cans black beans (15 ounce cans)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 avocados, diced
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups chopped purple cabbage
- 12 corn tortillas
- Tangy Mango Dressing (see recipe below)
- 1 cup diced fresh mango or defrosted frozen mango pieces
- juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.