This Mexican street corn salad is so easy to make and the perfect dish to share with others. The flavor is amazing and goes with anything!
We love all things Mexican, especially when they are versatile. The best thing about this corn salad is that it is great on it's own or inside a taco or other recipe!
Mexican Corn Salad is inspired by the ever popular dish Elote, or Mexican Street Corn. The traditional recipe features corn on the cob rolled in a variety of delicious toppings. This recipe deconstructs that into an easy dish that can be served as an entree, side dish, or condiment.
These are the healthy ingredients you need to make this easy corn salad recipe:
- Roasted corn
- Red onion
- Green onion
- Vegan cotija or feta cheese
- Lime juice
How to Make Mexican Corn Salad
This dish is seriously too easy to make! Here are the simple steps to take:
- Put everything into a bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
Add some extra flavor and toppings with these optional add-ins:
- Black Beans
- Red Bell Pepper
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Easy Fresh Red Salsa
This Mexican corn salad can be served on its own as a complete meal. However, it also makes a great accompaniment to these other recipes:
- Vegan Jackfruit Tacos
- Crispy Potato Tacos
- Mexican Coleslaw with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Pinto Beans
- Mexican Rice
- Loaded Vegan Burritos
Tips and tricks
As simple as this corn salad recipe is, it's always helpful to have some extra information:
- You buy frozen roasted corn. Or, make your own by roasting four ears of corn and slicing the kernels off the cob after cooking.
- To make this salad spicier, add more jalapeños or use a more spicy pepper like serranos.
- Make this dish ahead of time! Store the salad in the fridge, and wait to add the avocado until just before serving.
- If you omit the avocado, this Mexican corn salad will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. The avocado will begin to turn brown after about 24 hours.
Use it to make everything delicious! I love using Vegan Cotija as a topping for tacos, rice, beans, on corn on the cob, and in this Mexican street corn salad.
Mexican corn, or elotes, is made by coating grilled corn in mayonnaise seasoned with lime juice and chili powder, then rolling it in cotija and cilantro.
So many dishes! It goes fabulously with tacos, enchiladas, rice, or beans.
Corn salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days without the avocado. The avocado will begin to brown after 24 hours.
More Mexican Recipes
Like I said, we love Mexican food in our house! Here are some more of our favorite recipes:
- Fully Loaded Guacamole
- Vegan Birria Tacos
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos
- Roasted Veggie Tacos
- High Protein Mexican Pasta Salad
- Vegan Pozole
Easy Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 3 cups roasted corn , 16 ounces frozen or cut from about 4 ears
- ¾ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup sliced green onion
- ½ cup avocado , cubed
- ½ -1 cup vegan cotija or feta cheese , depending on how creamy you like it (homemade or store bought)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno , chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons fresh lime juice , depending on how much lime flavor you want
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder or smoked paprika
- Black beans
- Red pepper
- Put everything into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Adjust the flavors to match what you prefer.
- We love it tangy so used all 4 tablespoons of the lime juice.
- You can add beans to make this a full meal.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.
Nutrition and metric information should be considered an estimate.
Questions or comments? Let me know below!