This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Enjoy Life Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
With back to school season upon us, quick and easy snacks are a necessity for sane days. Kids come back from school ravenous (at least my monsters do) and having something ready to go prevents the epic hanger meltdowns that rear their ugly head. Plus you can sneak a few before they come home. These do it yourself easy vegan ice cream sandwich bars are super versatile to fit everyones eating needs!
There are the dog days of summer but have you heard about the dog days of fall? Around here, they make summer feel tame! So we continue to eat cold treats in hopes of a cool down from the inside out. To make this recipe I’m pairing up with Enjoy Life Foods and using their new baked chewy bars. These bars are so good! Soft, flavorful and each one is super unique. They are amazing as is, perfect for “I woke up too late to sit and eat breakfast” or to throw in school lunches or even an on the go “my kid is so hangry and cranky” snack.
There are 3 unique flavors:
- Carmel Blondie, with dairy free caramel bits and Enjoy Life mini chips
- Carrot Cake, with shredded carrots, raisins and pumpkin seeds
- Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed, with lemon juice and blueberries
Not only are these bars vegan and gluten-free, but they are free of the top 8 allergens and are non-GMO! Plus they are made with NO artificial ingredients and they have this new unique flour blend by Enjoy Life that has sunflower kernels, cassava flour, sorghum flour and quinoa flakes. Basically they are magic. And when you have magic bars, you can make magic ice cream sandwiches!
These DIY easy vegan ice cream sandwich bars are legit. You can even make them bite sized for the littles of littles! Grab your favorite ice cream (vanilla goes fabulous with every bar flavor, but if you want to try chocolate, try this recipe), these new chewy bars, popsicle sticks and some Enjoy Life chocolate chips. Make them the night before and have happy children all day long. Winner winner ice cream dinner (for real, these could be dinner in a pinch, life happens).
Not only am I bringing you this easy kid approved snack, but Enjoy life is hooking you up with 20% off through their online shop! Just go to this link and enter the discount code CHEWYBLOG. The discount is good through September 15. So now there are no excuses, your kids will thank you!! Plus, you can sneak a few too 😉
DIY Easy Vegan Ice Cream Sandwich Bars
- 2 Enjoy Life Baked Chewy Bars
- 1 small scoop of your favorite ice cream dairy free to keep them vegan
- 2 tablespoons Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1 popsicle stick
- Optional chopped nuts or seeds for topping
- Spread the ice cream on one of the chewy bars, place popsicle stick in the center and top with the other bar. Press down a bit to secure the popsicle stick and make sure the bars stick to the ice cream. Do this for each bar you make. Place the bars in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate chips slowly using the microwave, or double boiler, making sure they don't burn. Stir vigorously to get it nice and smooth.
- Remove the bars from the freezer and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top, sprinkling nuts or seeds on them if preferred. Place back in the freezer until ready to eat!
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.