A touch of sweet and a hint of spice makes this spicy strawberry chile salsa the perfect recipe for summer! It’s refreshing, filling, healthy and so flavorful…throw in a bag of chips and call it dinner. I won’t talk about how many times this may have happened. And seeing as Cinco de Mayo is around the corner, I’m thinking you may have some chips looking for a good home…
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve seen my love for a restaurant called True Food Kitchen. I frequent there often, have attended guest dinners and it’s my go to at the mall when I need a lunch break. The food is outstanding, very fresh and seasonal, and they have many vegetarian and vegan options. I have yet to have something I didn’t love! And let’s not even mention the new homemade vegan ice cream. I die!
Well lucky for me, I get to review their cookbook, True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure. And lucky for you, they are letting me give away one copy (see bottom of this post)! This book is not only beautiful, but the recipes look amazing. It is not a vegan cookbook, but like their restaurant, there are vegan recipes and also vegetarian options you can make vegan by making simple omissions or substitutions. I have put stickies on so many pages! When trying to decide which recipe to share with you today, I had the hardest time. The only reason I was able to decide on this spicy strawberry salsa was because I had a lonely box of strawberries staring at me every time I opened the fridge. Plus, I am game for ANYTHING salsa. Now I can switch it up from my regular fave, Easy Fresh Mexican Salsa.
This salsa is nothing short of incredible. It may sound weird, I mean strawberries? Yep. Why not? We do mango and pineapple! Which I love, so I figured it was time to add another fruit to my salsa game. And I am so glad I did! I now have a new fave go to every week I make my salsa bar (yes, I actually do have multiple salsas all lined up on my counter, I may have a problem).
After I devour this spicy strawberry salsa I will move on to these:
- Fava Bean Bruschetta (omit the cheese)
- Raw Vegetable Bouquet (use vegan mayo and vegan yogurt)
- Cranberry Chile Salsa (yep there’s another!)
- Tomato Carpaccio
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Sweet Potato Poblano Soup
- Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho
- Stir-Fried Brussels Sprouts with Umami Sauce (umm, yes please!)
- I should stop…but here’s another I know will make many of you drool: Tofu Curry with Cauliflower, Rice Noodles and Cashews
- 1 pint strawberries diced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 serrano chile finely chopped, with seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients and let stand for 15 minutes to blend the flavors before serving.
And now for your chance to win your very own copy (US and Canada only)!