Breakfast parfait is an easy make ahead breakfast done in 5 minutes! Use your favorite yogurt, granola and fruit and switch it up every time to keep it exciting.
This recipe is adaptable to all dietary needs. Use dairy free yogurt and gluten free granola if needed. Also a perfect way to use up fruit that's about to go bad.
This post was sponsored by Rubbermaid but the content and opinions expressed are fully my own.
I also like to layer in jelly, jam or even leftover cranberry sauce after the holidays. There really is no wrong way to make this breakfast parfait!
Ingredients for Breakfast Parfait
Layers of crunchy granola, creamy yogurt, and fresh fruit are easy to customize to your taste and nutritional preferences! Here are the basics of what you need for this yogurt parfait recipe:
- Yogurt - choose your favorite type of yogurt! Plain Greek yogurt is great for customizing your own creation, but choosing a flavored yogurt is great too, vanilla yogurt is a popular choice. Pick dairy free if needed.
- Granola - your favorite granola will do the trick. Make your own homemade granola or buy it at the store in a variety of flavors. Find certified gluten free if needed.
- Jelly - any flavor of jam, jelly, or fruit spread works. Around the holidays use up leftover cranberry sauce!
- Fruit - chop up ½ cup of fresh fruit such as apples or fresh berries, see below for a complete list of ideas to choose from. Frozen fruit works too, but it is best to defrost before adding in.
How to Make Breakfast Parfait
It's too easy to make these yogurt parfaits! You can even prep them ahead of time and keep them fresh in Rubbermaid storage containers with the EasyFindLids System™.
- Start by adding some of the granola to the bottom of the jar.
- Next add some of the yogurt.
- Layer on some fruit spread.
- Add some fruit.
- Serve and enjoy!
One of the easiest ways to customize yogurt parfaits is by switching up the base. Mix it up with these yogurt flavors:
- Fresh strawberries
- Banana - this is best cut just before serving to avoid browning
Other Mix in Ideas:
- Nuts like pecans, peanuts, walnuts, almonds, etc
- Peanut butter
- Almond butter
- Chocolate chips
- Chia seeds
- Top with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup
Make Ahead and Storage Tips
Like overnight oats, this breakfast parfait recipe can be meal prepped in advance.
- Make your breakfast parfait the night before so it's ready for a grab and go meal or snack anytime.
- It's not recommended to store for more than 24 hours as the granola will start to get soggy.
- If you plan on storing for longer than one night, avoid loosing the crunch by measuring the granola into a separate container and keep at room temperature. Add just before serving.
- You can also store each layer in their own containers and assemble when you're ready to enjoy.
- This yogurt parfait recipe is safe to keep in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
The Best Storage Containers
I love prepping breakfasts ahead of time to keep mornings more relaxed. And when you take the time to meal prep, you want to make sure to use quality airtight containers to maintain the freshness. This is why I love Rubbermaid with the EasyFindLids System™ the most!
- The interchangeable lids snap together with the bases which keeps everything stacked perfectly meaning my cabinets stay organized.
- The containers are BPA-free!
- A must have for any dishes in my kitchen: they're dishwasher-safe.
- Plus, these containers are freezer-safe for long term storage, and microwave-safe for reheating!
More Breakfast Recipes
When you're ready for a change up from these healthy breakfast parfaits, try out these recipes:
Easy Breakfast Parfait
- 6 ounces yogurt any flavor you prefer (a 6 ounce container is about ¾ cup yogurt)
- ¾ cup granola
- 6 tablespoons jelly jam or other fruit spread (see note)
- ½ cup chopped fruit any kind you prefer
Layer the parfait as follows:
- ¼ cup granola
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fruit spread
- ⅓ of the chopped fruit
- Repeat two times.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This is a great way to use up leftover cranberry sauce from the holidays, simply sub it for the fruit spread.
- You can mix up any flavor combinations you prefer, see post for more options.
- You can make this the night before for a ready breakfast the next day!
- Nutrition info will change based on the type of ingredients used.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.