Powerhouse spinach mixed with buttery smooth pine nuts and creamy tahini combine to make this flavorful vegan spinach pesto. An easy way to get greens in!
As a mom of three little guys, it’s always a plus when I have a quick and easy meal in my back pocket. But including a powerful health punch in everything I feed them at home is super important because I like to let go of the stress when we are out. Pesto is always a winner in our house.
It’s easy to make (thank god for my Vitamix!) and my kids love it. And can we please talk about the loads of healthy goodness packed into that stuff?! I mean, if it were real estate we’d call it New York City with how much green per cubic inch we can get! This vegan spinach pesto in particular screams green, just look at these pics!
Vegan Spinach Pesto Ready In Minutes!
Other than roasting the garlic, this vegan spinach pesto literally takes me 5 minutes to make. Boil some pasta and a quick, easy and healthy dinner is ready to go! I like to keep roasted garlic in my fridge, so for me it’s a fast grab and blend dinner. My absolute favorite kind! It does not get better than that for this mom.
Now I know you are going to want to try this. So give it a whirl…in your blender, ha!…and let me know what you think! I love hearing your comments on all I create! You can leave a comment here, find me on Facebook or tag me on Instagram at veggiesdontbite #veggiesdontbite so I don’t miss it!
Spinach Tahini Pesto
- 5 cups spinach
- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 8 medium sized cloves garlic roasted
- 1/2 cup veggie broth (non tomato based) , low sodium if needed
- Himalayan pink salt to taste will depend on how much salt is in your veggie broth, I used 1 teaspoon
- If you haven’t roasted the garlic, peel and mix with a splash of veggie broth. Wrap in tin foil, and/or parchment and roast at 400°F (200°C) in a regular or toaster oven, about 20-25 minutes, until garlic just starts browning.
- Wash spinach and basil and place in a blender.
- Add the garlic, once it is done, and the rest of the ingredients into the blender and pulse until combined. If you want to smooth, blend well. For a chunkier pesto continue to pulse until you reach desired consistency.
- I measure my greens packed in. Use less or more broth to get the consistency you prefer. If you aren’t a garlic lover as we are, you can reduce the garlic, but remember it is roasted so the flavor is not as strong.
- Tips to prep ahead: Roast garlic and wash spinach and basil.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.