Popsicles for breakfast will win any kid over! Filled with hidden healthy ingredients, these healthy breakfast popsicles will make you a hero. Blend them up, freeze and enjoy the next day. It's that easy!
Summer is now in full swing allowing us to enjoy cold treats at least once a day (or twice if you enjoy a wine popsicle for dessert!). And by allowing I mean eat cold things for survival in the heat. Am I right?
It also helps that by making frozen treats for breakfast you're pretty much a queen in the eyes of your family. There is zero need for them to know that they are actually 1. healthy and 2. vegan. We will keep that between us.
How To Make A Healthy And Easy Breakfast For Kids
Smoothie bowls have been the highlight of our morning, the kids love this "ice cream" for breakfast treat. I prepare (aka toss on the counter) a breakfast "sundae bar" with granola, nuts, fruit, maybe a sprinkle or chocolate chip if I'm feeling nice.
Then my little monsters top their smoothie bowls with whatever they want. This way, I hear no whining because I gave them the wrong thing (when it's really the thing they JUST asked for **insert eyeroll**).
Oftentimes we have some leftover smoothie, and I throw it in a popsicle mold and freeze it. Which got me thinking, if I made extra, then froze it, I would have 2 days of breakfast. GENIUS.
Yep, I am one smart cookie. Or really just lazy because that means I can be in my summer mode and not actually do breakfast every single day.
Healthy Breakfast Popsicles Are So Easy It's Almost Unreal
Not only is it easy to prepare extra smoothie for these popsicles the day before, it's also a cinch to throw them together! First, you need to decide on yummy ingredients.
I decided on blueberries for antioxidants, banana as a natural sweetener, mango for added flavor, hemp and chia seeds for protein and all the other goodness they have, and even snuck in some spinach for added greens!
- Blend it all up.
- Pour into popsicles molds.
- Add in the fresh fruit (in this case blueberries).
- Add sticks and freeze!
Healthy Vegan Blueberry Mango Banana Breakfast Popsicles
- Place all ingredients except fresh blueberries into a blender and mix until well blended.
- Once blended, pour into popsicle molds.
- Place 5-6 fresh blueberries into each mold, stirring gently with a knife to spread them out, then place sticks in.
- Freeze overnight and enjoy for breakfast the next day!
- I measured the fruit by loosely placing in a measuring cup and stopping when first piece hit the measuring mark.
- Any milk you use will work.
- If the consistency is too thick to pour into the molds well then add some more milk.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.