Linguine with Summer Vegetables is summer in a bowl. This fresh and simple pasta dish brings together all your favorite summer vegetables. Easy, flavorful and full of color!
With summer being my favorite season, but it being hot here in sunny San Diego, I try to create dishes that are quick and easy but also filled with the delicious vegetables that the season brings. This recipe was a result of a fridge full of these fresh veggies and no plan in mind. I pretty much threw it all together, added some herbs, and hoped that it would work. The good news is that I turned out great! However, now I wanted more of these flavors and continue to work at more summer creations.
Lucky for me, I found a few recipe contests out there looking for just that. I decided to submit this recipe into one of them (wish me luck!) and continue to work hard coming up with more summer flavors for your dinner table! Maybe one of them will give me some recognition in the food contest world!
Speaking of contests, I was a winner in the Round Pond contest a few weeks back, and my prize was an awesome set of infused olive oils. So I ended up using one of them in this recipe, and it was the perfect addition! It can of course be omitted if you are avoiding oil, but for those that don't mind a little bit in their food, I highly recommend it. Hope you enjoy!
Linguine with Summer Vegetables
- 2 ears of corn (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups shredded fresh kale
- 2 leeks sliced (white part only)
- 1 zucchini cut in half and sliced
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes sliced in half (I used a mixed heirloom kind)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ½ cup white cooking wine make sure it is vegan to make this dish fully vegan
- olive oil or veggie broth if avoiding oil (I used the garlic infused olive oil from Round Pond)
- Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 package gluten free linguine or other pasta
- Wash all veggies. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C ). Roast the ears of corn for 10-15 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil or veggie broth and a dash of salt on a baking sheet covered with parchment. When done slice kernels off.
- Shred kale and slice leeks, zucchini and cherry tomatoes. In a pan over medium heat sauté garlic and leeks for 3-4 minutes or until leeks soften a bit.
- Add kale and zucchini until zucchini is barely soft. Add corn, olive oil (or veggie broth), salt, pepper and white wine (or veggie broth) and toss. .
- Place rosemary in the mixture, top with tomatoes and allow to sit over low heat in order for the rosemary to infuse the dish and the tomatoes to wilt a bit. Remove from heat as soon as tomatoes begin to soften and set aside. Remove rosemary from the pan
- Cook pasta according to package directions. As soon as pasta is done cooking, drain in pasta strainer and rinse with warm water to remove starch. Transfer to a bowl and add mixture. Toss well. You can drizzle with more olive oil if you prefer.
- If you prefer not to use the white wine, you can sub veggie broth, it may lead to a slightly different taste but still works well.
- You can sub another green for the kale, such as chard or spinach.
- To make this quick and easy, use frozen corn instead of the fresh. That way you do not need to roast it.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.
Nutrition and metric information should be considered an estimate.
What a fresh and delicious looking pasta dish, can't wait to give it a go!
I cannot wait to try this. It looks delicious!
Thank you so much! Let me know how you like it!