Tired of boring fries? These healthy hemp almond parmesan potato chip rounds are filled with protein and flavor to give you the perfect snack or side.
These little treats came about last minute when I was throwing together a side of oven fries to go with my latest veggie burger trial.
As I was washing the potatoes, I decided I wanted something different. An Italian twist to your typical fry is what I was craving all of a sudden. Almond parmesan quickly came to mind, but I decided to put my own spin on it, so Hemp Almond Parmesan was born!
I used my Eggplant Fries and Asparagus Fries as a guide, and out came these colorful, delicious little goodies that hit the spot just right! To say my boys loved them is the understatement of the year.
Tip: I now keep a mix of my new parm handy at all times so I can sprinkle it on many of our meals…enjoy and let me know other ways you use this new parmesan!
Ways To Serve Your Hemp Almond Parmesan Potato Rounds;
- With your favorite dipping sauce as a snack or appetizer
- Serve with burgers as a side…why not try my low fat gluten free black bean burgers
- Serve with salad
- Try adding different dried herbs or spices to the seasoning to switch things up
More Veggie Sides You Might Like;
- 2 large red potatoes and 2 large purple potatoes or 4 of one kind
- a drizzle of your favorite cooking oil or veggie broth if you are avoiding oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Wash and cut potatoes into round chip like pieces. The thinner they are the crispier they will get.
- Soak potatoes in a bowl of water for 1-2 hours to remove some of the starchiness (this is optional but will help your chips become crisper). Dry thoroughly, or let air dry.
- Put pieces in a deep bowl and sprinkle with oil (if using) and maple syrup. Mix to coat.
- Place hemp seeds, almond meal, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt in a food processor, blender or high speed blender and blend until everything is mixed and hemp seeds are in a powder like form.
- Place potato rounds on a baking sheet covered with parchment and sprinkle both sides with Hemp Almond Parmesan. Bake for 35-45 minutes, depending on thickness, or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dip.
- To make this nut free, you can use all hemp seeds.
- I like to use both purple and red potatoes to add some color to the dish but feel free to use any potatoes you like.