I love it when you throw together a random dinner because you have nothing planned and it turns out awesome. This recipe was exactly that! I had no idea what to serve for dinner and was feeling lazy, so I looked in my refrigerator and freezer to find some leftover Spicy "Refried" Lentil Dip, tortillas, and a bunch of fresh veggies. Next thing we knew, we were eating a new favorite quick meal! We call it Mexican Pizza because of it's crispy tortilla crust layered with creamy lentil filling and topped flavorful ingredients. It was tasty and hit the spot. The kids loved it too, especially building their own.
I love that you can make each person their own pizza, and customize it for their preferences! These are the kind of meals that make everyone happy, even the feisty 2 year old. You can add as many or as little toppings as you want, spice it up or make it mild. There is so much versatility in this recipe, you can't go wrong! So gather your beans and fresh veggies and give this one a try. You won't be disappointed!
Try this other great Mexican meal!
- 8 tortillas of choice
- Healthy Vegan Bean Dip
- 1 cup chopped kale or spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- Guacamole , you will have leftovers but use it for another meal
- Salsa of choice , I like the roasted salsa from my book or this fresh salsa
- Vegan Sour Cream , you will have leftovers but use it for another meal
- your favorite hot sauce , optional
- your favorite dairy free (or not) cheese , optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F/ 175 C.
- Place tortillas on cookie sheets and bake for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Once tortillas are done, spread ¼ cup bean dip on 4 of the tortillas, sprinkle with cheese if using, chopped kale and green onions. Cover with the remaining tortillas.
- Spread about 3 tablespoons of bean dip on top of the second tortilla and sprinkle with a handful of chopped tomatoes.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Once done, spread ½ cup guacamole on top of each pizza, cover with lettuce, cilantro, salsa and sour cream. Or any toppings you want.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice pizza and enjoy!
- You can add or delete any of the toppings to customize this.
- Make sure to make the bean dip not spicy for the kids.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.