Baked cookie on the outside, soft cookie dough center. These cookie dough balls are the best of both worlds! The perfect sweet treat or snack.
You know when you're baking cookies and you can't stop eating the cookie dough, and suddenly you realize that you barely have enough left for cookies? You know it's happened to you, or you're lying to yourself. Those lies stop here.
Introducing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls. These babies are a cross between a baked cookie and soft raw gooey cookie dough. Made especially for those of us that can't decide what we want. I'm terrible at decisions, so making this cookie was a necessity. Like water. Both extremely important.
Cookie Dough Perfection
Just look at that soft cookie dough center and tell me you don't want to shove that in your mouth now. These were a little bit of an accident. It was one of those "toddler tantrums all day" type of days, so I quickly rolled balls and shoved them into the oven.
When I took them out, I expected them to have settled down. Instead I got this dense ball like bit of goodness with a half baked center. Complete perfection. Cookie dough balls it is!
Cookie Dough Balls - Ingredients
I know there are some cookie dough lovers out there. And some of you are terrible at decisions too. Or maybe you just need to solve some life problems by eating these cookie dough balls.
Here's a low down of what's in them;
- gluten free flours
- flax egg
- coconut butter
- almond milk
- date paste
- vegan chocolate chips
More Vegan Cookies You Might Like;
- Oatmeal raisin pecan cookies
- Chunky monkey cookies
- Vegan breakfast cookies
- Sea salt chocolate chip cookies
Whatever the reason, give them a try. Don't forget to let me know how many you ate before realizing they were almost gone. Leave a comment here, find me on Facebook or tag me on Instagram at both @veggiesdontbite #veggiesdontbite so I don’t miss it! And don’t forget to tag me in your main comment on Instagram because they changed some rules and make it easy to miss things! I do respond to each and every comment I see so I’m never ignoring you!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
- 1 flax eggs 1 tablespoons ground flaxseed plus 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup gluten free oat flour or blend oats into oat flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- ½ heaping cup date paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 ½ teaspoons – 2 tablespoons almond milk or water
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Mix 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons water to make flax eggs and set aside.
- Mix together the oats, flours, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat together the coconut butter, date paste and molasses. Add 1 tablespoon milk, flax eggs and vanilla extract. Keep beating until everything is combined well.
- Using the paddle attachment on your stand mixer, or a spoon, add in dry ingredients and mix. Add more milk if needed. You want it the consistency of soft play dough. Add chocolate chips. Mix until just combined.
- Using your palms, roll into dense smooth balls and put on parchment lined cookie sheets. These don’t settle down when cooking. You can also just use a spoon to drop spoonfuls, but they won’t be as dense when baked.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until they begin to brown. Cookie balls will harden a bit more as they cool. You don’t want to over bake them or they won’t get that partially raw middle.
- To make this nut free, use a nut free milk in place of the almond milk.
- To make this coconut free, you can try subbing the coconut butter with oil or vegan butter but the consistency will be different, and it will not be an oil free recipe anymore.
- You can also sub in ½ cup dairy free yogurt or applesauce (or a combo of the two) to keep this oil free, however when I tried this it yielded more of a muffin type consistency rather than a dense cookie dough type ball.
- If you try this don’t use the milk.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.
Nutrition and metric information should be considered an estimate.
You just posted a pic of these cookie bites on IG & the craving was real! I had enough of the ingredients to quickly whip it up (used maple syrup instead of molasses) & the dough was so good I'm surprised any made it into the oven. Incredibly tasty, great recipe.
AHHHH! This made my night! Thank you so much for making them and joining me in ALL the cookie craving!!
Would love these with chocolate Jerry fudge brownie nada moo!
Oooooh yes! Sounds awesome!
Oh these look so so good! Cookie dough is the very best part of making cookies 🙂 and chocolate chip oatmeal is my fav!
Thank you Alexa!! I agree. Love the cookie dough!
I just made these and whoa are they delicious! I got a little worried cause I doubled the recipe and when I tasted the dough it was very molasses-y. I don't love molasses so I thought shoot I should've backed off on the molasses and I'm not going to like these. Not the case! After I baked them I can't taste the molasses at all and Mick agrees. So so good! ?
Yay!! So glad you liked them! Yes, molasses definitely mellows out when cooked. It's MUCH stronger raw. Glad you doubled it because they didn't last long at our house. LOL! Hope you're feeling good!
I found you and I finally made one of your recipes and this was it! Mine came out wetter but it still tasted soooo good! My 6 yo daughter who is picky, LOVED them! She told me that I could sell them and I probably wouldn't be able to keep them in stock lol! She is too funny :). Anyway, love your way of life and the way you eat and looking forward to making more recipes! Made a big change myself just recently and on my own and I have to say, you inspire me!
Oh my gosh Laurie, you totally made my night! Thank you SO much for your sweet comments. I'm so happy you guys liked the cookie dough balls! Wetter is fine, it's supposed to have that partially rawness to it. It may have been your date paste being a little wetter. But as long as it tasted good then no problem! I love your daughter, so so cute. It makes me happy to hear you are taking charge of your health, there is so much awfulness in the world today you never know what happens. So treating our bodies the best we can gives us the greatest chance of a long fulfilling life! Stay in touch and let me know if you try anything else! I'm always here to help!
Thanks sweetie! I forgot to tell you, she helped me make them too! It was a rainy weekend and it kept her occupied! We are going to try the Creamy Chick Pea and Veggie Sandwich! Sounds delish! Thanks so much for all the great recipes and all your hard work! I know you are busy in all that you have to do! Just wanted you to know you are appreciated! Keep doing what you are doing!
So happy to hear she helped! My oldest loves to help me in the kitchen too. It's so great to get them involved! You are so kind, thanks so much for making me feel appreciated. I really love what I do! Hope you enjoy the chickpea sandwich, the chickpea brine works best when whipped with a stand mixer. Let me know if you have any questions!