Chocolate decadence is now as easy as pushing a button. You are 5 minutes away from pure sweet perfection. A quick, easy and healthier way to enjoy dessert, this flourless vegan lava cake is s’more heaven!
Fudgy chocolate cake, melty marshmallows, topped with crunchy graham crackers and a rich chocolate sauce. Make it just for one, or share if you’re feeling nice…either way dessert just happened like never before.
This vegan lava cake concoction was a result of a failure while trialing some ideas for my new cookbook (coming out in the fall, YAY!). Well, I always try and make lemonade out of lemons.
But this time I made a vegan flourless chocolate molten lava cake that is done in 5 minutes from start to finish! WHAT?! Since I was feeling a little fancy, I added some marshmallows and grahams, and of course chocolate sauce. I turned this chocolate decadence into s’mores. Yes. I just upped my one up.
There is a secret ingredient here that you will probably think is a misprint, but I promise it isn’t. And I promise that it is an amazing addition. I got this idea from a children’s book I used to read to my class many years ago when I was teaching.
The book was about a little girl scared of thunder, so her and her grandma made cake to help her get through her fear. At the end of the story, they included the recipe and we used to make it to go along with the teaching lesson.
Ever since becoming a food blogger, I knew I needed to do play around with it and make it happen for the blog. So here you go. Curious? Scroll down and check it out 😉 You need this cake.
How To Know If This Vegan Lava Cake Is For You:
- If you are a mom and barely have time to shower let alone make dessert but the craving alone sends you to box brownies…this vegan lava cake is for you.
- If you are a dad who’s wife focuses on the kids and has no time to bake you cookies anymore…this vegan lava cake is for you.
- If you have no kids but you and your husband/wife are so busy with work that you often succumb to the pull of packaged sweets…this vegan lava cake is for you.
- If you are single and don’t want to bake because you’ll end up eating it all, gain 10 pounds and feel too crappy about yourself to go out and find a significant other…this vegan lava cake is for you.
- If you are a human, breathing, are able to eat and have a microwave…this vegan lava cake is for you.
Basically, this vegan lava cake is for YOU. Make it. Now. You probably have everything in your cupboard (because a s’mores emergency is always a good thing to be prepared for). Oh, you’re done already? Yep. That’s how easy it is.
Other Desserts You Might Like:
- Grain Free Sea Salt Chocolate Chips
- Layered Strawberry Chocolate Mousse (raw)
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Espresso Protein Pudding
- Frothy Hot Chocolate with Pistachio Milk
- Homemade Strawberry Milk (the perfect pair with this for Valentines Day!)
- Gluten-Free Vegan Carrot Cake
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons non dairy milk , I used cashew
- ¼ teaspoon tomato paste
- pinch sea salt
- 25 mini vegan marshmallows
- 2 rectangles graham crackers crushed
- Mix chocolate sauce ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, microwave for 30 seconds. Mix well and set aside.
- Mix all cake ingredients in a microwave safe bowl or jar. This is the bowl or jar you will eat it in. It is a single serving so the bowl or jar should hold about 8 ounces. Microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Top with the mini marshmallows. Microwave 30 more seconds. All microwaves vary so you may need to adjust cooking time. It’s better to cook less than more because overcooking will lead to a tough textured cake.
- Top with crushed graham crackers and chocolate sauce.
- Allow to cool a few minutes so you don't get burned, but then devour in the bowl or jar you made it in!
- Microwaves vary so make sure you do not over cook. The cake is meant to be gooey and chocolaty, not like a firm traditional cake. If you overcook it, the marshmallows will get too tough to eat.
- If you cannot eat nuts, you can also replace the almond butter with sunflower seed butter or a non bitter tahini. Or you can simply remove it all together. Your cake will be more gooey like fudge, and less cakey, but still delicious.
- This can serve 1-2 people, depending on how much dessert you want