When it comes to dessert, 1 layer sometimes just isn't enough. This vegan 7 layer dessert lasagna is layer upon layer of complete and utter indulgence.
Healthy is not what I was going for, I was shooting for complete heaven when you take each bite is. So grab a fork and get ready to see stars. I challenge you to only have one
bite piece. This is the best thing I have ever indulged in.
If you're more of a pumpkin fan, I have a layered pumpkin dessert too. Yes, it may cause a fight on Thanksgiving, so make double.
When you get lazy and create vegan dessert heaven
Ok, maybe not lazy per se. Just life. When your littlest has an extreme allergic reaction to a medication, and you have 12 girls coming over for Bunco night the next day...you go to the store (perhaps in something you've worn for way too long) and you grab everything that looks good. And out comes this.
Stress makes me create. Create 7 layers of a complete drool worthy treat. This was not supposed to be a recipe. But then I pretty much got hate mail because I didn't share. But I had a kid to treat and a party to plan so basic photos and post it is!
How Exactly Is Vegan Dessert Lasagna Built?
- whipped topping
- caramel sauce
- peanut butter sandwich cookies
- peanut butter cups
- chocolate chips
I mean, can you ever go wrong with layering brownies AND cookies with caramel and whipped topping? But seriously though, this is SO EASY.
You make the brownies, then layer everything together like a lasagna. Except there isn't a million parts you need to make. The caramel is a stir and done kind of deal. Are you drooling yet?
Don't Walk Away From 7 Layer Dessert Lasagna
Pro tip: when you run to the bathroom while taking the photos, do not be surprised to come back to one of your children sneaking a bite or two or ten. So instead of getting mad that he ruined the last shot I wanted to get, I grabbed my camera and made HIM my last shot. #tryingtoyellless
More Vegan Desserts You Might Like:
- Chocolate lovers raw vegan layered strawberry chocolate mousse
- Greek vegan baklava oil free
- Salted caramel chocolate espresso protein pudding
- Healthy Vegan Apple Crisp
Vegan 7-Layer Dessert Lasagna
- Perfect Vegan Caramel Date Sweetened Brownies (or to make it really fast use box brownies, I won't judge!)
- 2 containers vegan whipped topping (or make your own like in this recipe) , 9 ounces each (I use the So Delicious Cocowhip)
- Salted Peanut Butter Caramel , see recipe below
- 25 peanut butter sandwich cookies , gluten free if needed (I love the ones by Back to Nature)
- 25 peanut butter cups (I love Justin's)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I love the ones by Enjoy Life)
Salted Peanut Butter Caramel:
- 9 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons smooth creamy peanut butter
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Make the brownies, but spread the batter in a 9 x 13 pan so that they are a thin layer. Cook them for only 12- 15 minutes, you want them a tad on the soft side. Then allow to cool completely, you don't want them warm at all.
- To make the caramel, put all the ingredients in a bowl and whip quickly with a fork until everything is smooth.
Once the brownies are completely cool, build the layers as follows.
- Layer 1: brownies (just keep them in the pan you baked and cooled them in)
- Layer 2: spread one of the whipped topping containers over the brownies
- Layer 3: drizzle about half of the caramel over the whipped topping
- Layer 4: place the peanut butter sandwich cookies on next, spreading them out evenly
- Layer 5: crumble the peanut butter cups over the peanut butter cookies
- Layer 6: spread the second whipped topping container over the top
- Layer 7: drizzle the rest of the caramel on top and sprinkle with chocolate chips
- Place in the fridge to settle over night or for at least 4-6 hours. This will help soften the sandwich cookies.
- Devour. Drooling may occur.
- This is best made the night before to allow it to chill and settle.
- You can also make the brownies the day before that or the morning of so that they cool completely.
- Just a heads up, some of the brands I use do not have dairy in their list of ingredients but do share equipment that uses dairy. I have no issue with this but if you do you should find brands for each ingredient that are made in a 100% dairy free facility.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.
Nutrition and metric information should be considered an estimate.
This looks delicious! I can't wait to try. Can this be stored in the freezer to avoid eating the whole plan myself? I'd love to have something like this to offer people when they visit at random.
Hahaha! You can definitely store it in the freezer, but you'd want to defrost it before serving as it would be frozen solid and hard to cut or eat.
Omg dessert heaven....I wish I had a slice of this right now!
Oh my, this looks soooo good! And I love the pics of your son devouring it...precious!
Thank you so much Heidi! It definitely is in my top 5 favorite desserts. And by dessert, I mean the indulgent not healthy kind. LOL! My son eating it was NOT part of the plan, he snuck it when I wasn't looking, but hey. I decided to go with it and who can blame the kid!
The Vegan 8
Sorry I'm so behind on your posts...this book is kicking my ass, lol. This looks INSANE. It's honestly too much food porn for my eyes to handle right now...so much sweet decadence. I can picture the best ever food dessert coma after eating this. I hate that Leo went through all of that and hope he is so much better by now! xx
Oh girl, I so feel you! I'm laughing out loud though. It definitely is the most indulgent sinful thing I have created. And SO DARN GOOD. Definitely something you don't eat all the time. Ha! And yes, thank you, Leo is much better.
This dessert looks splendid! I like to come up with new recipes when I'm stressed out or overwhelmed too. Sharing these recipes are even better, especially with friends and family!
Thank you Cassie! Such a stress relief to cook.
Oh my goodness, wow - this looks so tempting and delicious - I will probably not be able to stop eating though lol!
I definitely had a hard time! Thanks friend!
Wow...this looks amazing! Can I have a large piece?!!! I love this idea :)!
Thanks Amy! I wish you could but it's long gone. LOL