As I create the different “dessert oats” in my series of overnight oats, I definitely need some attention grabbers for my boys, and this one did the trick! This is their absolute favorite, they are always asking if we are having banana splits for breakfast…which sounds really funny when we are out and about and others hear it. Little do they know that this is the healthiest banana split my kids can get! They love the combination of fresh banana, a side of berries, nuts and hints of chocolate and maraschino cherry (can you guess how I get this flavor?). I would have to agree that this is my favorite so far…but there are more to come so we shall see! For now, I am enjoying this in our mix of overnight oats!
Another great vegan dessert:
Banana Split Overnight Oats
- 1 ripe banana mashed (about ½ cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh or thawed frozen berries (chopped or mashed)
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips (any non vegan chocolate chips work too)
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup raw shelled hemp seeds (I use the Hemp Hearts brand)
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats (or regular rolled oats)
- 1- 1 ½ cups almond milk, depending on how runny you like your oats (or other milk of choice)
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.