You might also enjoy:
This is a weekly staple in our house. Whatever veggies are local and in season make it into our oven for this simple yet delicious meal. A dinner the whole family loves!
- 16 ounces of your favorite pasta (I used this pasta)
- 4 cups veggies for roasting (broccoli, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, etc. or those leftover in your fridge)
- Your favorite oil for roasting or veggie broth if avoiding oil
- Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper to taste
* hint: you can finely chop kale, spinach, chard and mix in the bowl with other veggies and it will roast nicely
- 1 package sundried tomatoes without oil
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes for topping
- Hemp Almond Parmesan
- 1 cup cannellini, or garbanzo beans as an added protein
Baby/toddler food idea: Bake veggies a little longer, then puree for baby or cut into finger food type pieces for toddler. Cook pasta well done and puree with veggies for baby or cut into small pieces for toddler
Preheat oven to 450. Wash and cut veggies into large pieces. Place in bowl with oil or veggie broth, dash of salt, and pepper.
Bake on parchment lined cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes or until veggies are golden brown. It's okay to have different veggies together since it's adds a depth of textures with some more cooked that others. If you prefer each one to be cooked exactly then separate and cook each on a different pan. While the veggies are baking, cook the pasta. Toss veggies and pasta together and top with toppings of choice.