This Greek salad dressing recipe needs to be in your fridge at all times! All the traditional flavors in an easy to make and healthier version than store bought alternatives.
I love having salad dressing ready to go in the fridge, and much prefer making my own without the preservatives store bought versions contain! This is the perfect recipe!
My vegan ranch dressing and vegan thousand island have a solid place in our fridge, but this Greek dressing has definitely earned it's place right next to them!
How to Make Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
I love the simplicity of this salad dressing! It only takes about 5 minutes to prepare for use at any time.
This easy 2 step recipe will keep giving back for days! Simply store it in an air tight bottle in your fridge and take it out for all your amazing salad needs.
Here is what you need:
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Greek oregano
- Black pepper
Step by Step Instructions
Making this dressing is as simple as 1, 2, that's it!
- Whisk everything in a bottle or jar.
- Serve with your favorite salad!
Use this Greek dressing in any of the following ways:
- Make a Traditional Greek Salad
- Drizzle over a simple leafy green salad
- Add to a Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Marinate veggies for grilling
- Mix with plain hummus to add a flavorful kick
- Swap out the dressing in this Italian Pasta Salad
- Toss with chickpeas, lentils, or quinoa
- Dunk veggie sticks, pita bread, or crackers
- Adjust any of the herbs or other ingredients to your liking, this recipe is very flexible!
- For a sweeter flavor you can add a little drizzle of agave nectar or honey to taste.
- Eliminate extra dishes by mixing the dressing directly in the storage container.
- It's worth it to use a good quality olive oil for the best flavor.
- Keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator when you're not using it.
- The shelf life of this Greek dressing depends on the lemon juice used. If you squeeze your own, it is best to consume within 3-5 days. If you use bottled it will keep for as long as the expiration date.
- Bring the dressing out about 20-30 minutes before using, as the olive oil will likely solidify in the fridge.
- If you forget or don't have time to let it come to room temp and the oil is solid, simply soak the container in warm water.
Authentic Greek salads do not actually use a mixed salad dressing, instead there is a simple drizzle of olive oil to accentuate the fresh flavors of the other ingredients.
The Greek dressing we all know and love is generally made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs.
While the two share many of the same ingredients, Italian dressing is usually sweeter than Greek dressing. This is done by using either peppers, corn, sugar, or other sweeteners.
More Greek Recipes
If Mediterranean flavors are your thing, these plant based recipes are all must makes:
- Vegan Greek Pastitsio
- Authentic Greek Vegan Tzatziki
- Greek Vegan Moussaka
- Fakes (Greek Lentil Soup)
- Greek Farro Salad
- Vegan Greek Baklava
- Greek Fasolakia
The Best Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ - 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a jar or tall container. Use a whisk to get them mixed well.
- Serve with your favorite salad!
- You can adjust each of the ingredients for what you prefer.
Recipe by Veggies Don’t Bite, visit our site for more great plant-based recipes.
Nutrition and metric information should be considered an estimate.
Such simple ingredients but amazing flavor! Loved it!